Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Sat led behavior Linkstar modem

(Read 4208 times)
rsffighter17
★★

Dec 31st, 2008 at 10:14am  
Upon turning on my modem all 4 led come on and stay on for about 15 seconds.  Then they all disappear for a couple of seconds and the sat lights starts blinking.  It blinks for about 50 sec to 1 min then stops completely.  I was told by my provider that the sat light should blink continuously after booting up the modem.  I already have my dish alligned with a BER of .000005xxx or better.  Can anyone shed any light on this subject?

Thank you

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #1 - Dec 31st, 2008 at 12:11pm  
Normally it goes slow blinking, then fast blinking, then solid green.

If this is a new installation check:
BUC is connected properly.
All config parameters are correctly set (inc. pids, tx power etc).
Do tclgets and see if pcr=true.
The hub knows your correct MAC address.

You may be pointed to a similar carrier (i.e. symbol rate and frequency) but on the wrong satellite or polarisation.

Ask your hub about your transmit polarisation. There are a very few operators whose services transmit and receive on the same (co-pol) polarisation.  In which case, you need the correct diplexer hardware at the feed.

If this installation has worked normally till now check:
BUC connected properly.

Best regards, Eric.
« Last Edit: Feb 21st, 2015 at 3:45pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Maxim Usatov
★★★

Czech Republic
Reply #2 - Jan 1st, 2009 at 1:59am  
Eric, Mr. Beard is trying to connect to BusinessCom's network. An important information this post lacks is that QPSKBER drops down to an unacceptable value of 0.113+, which indicates this is most probably a LinkStar demodulator problem. As far as I know this modem has been tested on a different ODU (confirmed to be working) and exhibits the same behaviour there.

Mr. Beard, please let me know if I am wrong somewhere. I am not working directly on this case, however watching over your discussion with Eugene.

IP Logged

rsffighter17
★★

Reply #3 - Jan 1st, 2009 at 11:38am  
Eric and Maxim thank you both for your replies.  So I guess, from reading your statment Maxim, I will probably have to get a new modem?  Again, thank you both.

Jeremy

IP Logged

Maxim Usatov
★★★

Czech Republic
Reply #4 - Jan 1st, 2009 at 1:00pm  
Dear Jeremy,

Just for any case, it is best to confirm this with Eugene Stolowitski - BusinessCom manager you have been working with. Eugene has all the information on this issue and will be able to suggest the right way to move forward as well as assist with getting a new modem at the best price possible.

IP Logged

rsffighter17
★★

Reply #5 - Jan 2nd, 2009 at 5:43am  
Maxim,
Thank you very much for your information.  I look forward to hear from Eugene.

IP Logged

Pages: 1