Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

iSite with Vista

(Read 2360 times)
Mark_McD
★★

Jan 9th, 2009 at 7:41am  
Hi Folks,

Does anyone know if there are any known issues with iSite 7.0.1.2 and Windows Vista?

I tried to point a dish this morning and iSite did not pick up any signal and made no beeps with Vista. When I tried an XP machine it worked fine.

I dont work with Satellites every day but I also dont want to have to reload my notebook next time I need to do something with iSite.

IP Logged

Darkside
★★

Reply #1 - Jan 10th, 2009 at 4:25pm  
I don’t think iSite is officially supported under Vista yet. When you start the pointing in iSite, even if you see no graphic, try logging in via telnet while pointing is enabled and you should see voltage values scrolling over the screen that can be used to point the antenna. These values are the same that is graphically represented in iSite.

IP Logged

Mark_McD
★★

Reply #2 - Jan 12th, 2009 at 11:10am  
Thanks,

Pointing with no display and no beeps is not going to be easy.

Does anyone have a contact for the iSite people so I can investigate further?

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jan 12th, 2009 at 11:53am  
iDirect Technologies

USA.  703.648.8151

IP Logged

Bizhar_Omar
★★

Reply #4 - Jan 13th, 2009 at 4:42pm  
I only noticed that problem when the version of the iSite doesn’t match the version of the BIOS in the modem otherwise VISTA doesn’t have any known problems with iSite. Also you might need to check your PC you were working on (both to make sure of viruses or firewall problems) as sometimes even XP had problems showing the signal on iSite pointing tool (if the windows it had problems).

Bizhar Omar&&Director of Public Relations&&+9647701449438&&http://www.meeral.net
IP Logged

Pages: 1