Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Another "Internet in Afghanistan" Thread

(Read 1994 times)
SJ
★★

Jan 9th, 2009 at 6:48pm  
Alright-
  I'm a US Soldier stationed in Afghanistan looking for internet access for my troops. I've read through some of the previous posts on this topic, and all I saw was a string of "Email me for more info" replies from providers/resellers, so I'm going to be specific with what I want, and I'm asking that any resellers who have what I need email me with a FULL quote, to include monthly cost (in US Dollars), total equipment cost, and shipping to an APO in Afghanistan.

Also, if anyone (not a reseller) has any success/failure stories with different companies, I'd love to know. I'd like to get the best bang for my buck, and it always helps to hear from people with experience. Also, if anyone has any recommendations on what systems I need, and if I'm way off on my bandwidth requirements, I'd love to hear from you.

Here's my requirements:
-I want to provide internet to around 15 US Soldiers.

-I want an unlimited monthly download traffic cap.

-I want competent tech support that speaks clear English.

-I want speeds that will allow all of the users to be able to surf the web, send instant messages, send/receive photos and short video clips to their loved ones without having to wait 10 minutes to pull up google.com

-I don't want to pay a fortune. I understand the average costs to start a system like this, and the monthly costs involved, but I'd like to price-shop as best I can to get the best deal.

I'm not thinking any dedicated 1:1 connection or anything. I understand shared bandwidth, and I'd like to keep the costs low. I'm just trying to find the perfect balance between bandwidth speed and cost. Aren't we all?

Resellers/Providers: If you have what I'm looking for, email me a quote with FULL details - (monthly cost, equipment cost, shipping cost, up/down speed, ratio, etc) to alex@meltingclocksmedia.com.

Anyone else: I'd like to hear any help, tips, or info you may have. I'd like to know that I'm getting the best I can for these guys, so any comparison of systems currently used out here or testimonials on different providers would be GREATLY appreciated.

This is starting to sound like a bad personal ad, so I'll stop here. Thanks again for everyone's help.

-Alex

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Jan 10th, 2009 at 5:28pm  
Dear All,

for FAST repliable intenet in Afghanistan,  you can contact AFSAT communications,

sales@afsat.net
+93799 199 201
+93700255373

references of current services available on request,

IP Logged

Pages: 1