Satellite Internet

Satellite Internet Forum.

Welcome, Guest.
Welcome to this satellite broadband discussion forum. Wherever you are and whatever your problem we are here to help each other. Connecting to the internet via satellite is not always easy but is critically important to those in remote places or with poor terrestrial infrastructure. Both service providers and customers are encouraged to contribute. If you are showing as 'Guest', please register at the bottom of this home page if you wish to contribute or ask question. Read the Forum rules.
      Satellite internet forum          
Pages: 1

LinkStar Modem Problems

(Read 2075 times)
Cav_scout
Ex Member

Jan 21st, 2009 at 9:37pm  
I have been experienceing some odd problems with my modem. It seem like the modem frezzes or crashes, because it will be working fine them just stop working for no reason. The "SAT" light is on and not blinking, and I can't login to the modem using Telnet. Does any one know what is going on and if I can corret the problem?

IP Logged

EDWIN
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Jan 27th, 2009 at 12:52am  
hello,
disconnect the tx and rx cable and see wether you can telnet inside your modem with the default mac, if you can't telnet that means the rj45 port of your modem is bad but if you can telnet with the default and when the modem comes online you can't telnet. you have to re-check your ip addresss.after you have comfirmed your ip and yet can't telnet i suggest you contact your provider.
have a nice day.

IP Logged

Pages: 1