Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Upstream Information rate

(Read 2882 times)
smlt_vsat
★★★

Feb 6th, 2009 at 11:31am  

Hi

Do we need to rese/aoply configuratiob changes on both hub and remote site after changing the upstream minimum information rate of the idirect remote modem in ibuilder .

smlt

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Feb 6th, 2009 at 12:04pm  
Yes.  Ensure you apply the remotes first....followed by the hub. 

If you dont mind me asking, what is your reason behind setting an upstream Min Information rate?

IP Logged

Scout
★★★

Reply #2 - Feb 6th, 2009 at 12:59pm  
Hmmm...not sure I completely agree....it depends on the version you are using, if you are using version 8 or higher you will see that you have to apply the Min IR configuration to the hub side on the remote only.  this does not require a remote side apply as it is purely telling the PP SADA process how many slots to allocate to the remote, it is not telling the remote how many slots to demand.

BR

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Feb 6th, 2009 at 2:31pm  
Scout has a valid point about iDS version.  With iDS 8.X you will only get a hub side change notification (for SADA) when adjusting Min IR.  That is more than likely applicable to previous versions, as well.  

My statement about applying the remote followed by the hub is applicable under most circumstances.  An HNO (if he has remote and hub side configs pending) should always:

1. Understand what changes are being pushed/made
2. Always push the remote side first...followed by the hub side (that, or assume the risk of isolating that customer)

That said, if you are an 8.0 customer and are getting a change pending on the remote side, you may need to look into just what that change is with a quick compare config.

IP Logged

smlt_vsat
★★★

Reply #4 - Feb 8th, 2009 at 4:21pm  

Hi

Thanks Mike and Scoutt ,,  I think on version 7.0.2 , we have to apply only to hub side as it showwing only apply to hub side and your information is good for me that to understand that PP and remote role in min IR.

IP Logged

Pages: 1