Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Downgrade from 8.X.X.X to 7.1

(Read 8850 times)
Bouc
★★

Feb 10th, 2009 at 1:28pm  
Hello,
I'm working on a 3100 wich was upgraded from 7.X. to 8.X.X by teraterm-winscp because. Now the the 7.1.pkg (cumulative and remote) is failing for downgrade. 
It was not possible to use it on the 8.X hub because it is rlocked to the 7.1.  Can somebody help on the process of downgrading this.
are there things I can delete in some directories under winscp?????
please Help! 
Bouc

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Feb 10th, 2009 at 10:22pm  
If that remote was rlocked to 8.x you will need to talk to iDirect to unlock.  Rolling it back to 7.1 will not crack it.

IP Logged

Bouc
★★

Reply #2 - Mar 10th, 2009 at 3:38pm  
I have I installed the 8.2.2.pkg with redbot (winscp and teraterm), it could not work as it was rlocked to 7.1.
Now I we have agreed to convert to a dedicated C-band.
the downgrade to 7.1 from the 8.XX is failing. I have tried several times and I think the remote has excess of files in the memory...
can someone help with a way of downgrading this please?

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Mar 10th, 2009 at 7:28pm  
Provide me some details on what it is doing.  What leads you to believe it is failing? 

Also what version of iSite are you using?

IP Logged

Bouc
★★

Reply #4 - Mar 11th, 2009 at 9:08am  
I do have Isite 8.2 and 7.1.
I also have the cumulative and remote 8.2.2.0 pkg,
I also have the NM images and 7.1.pkg so
with Isite 7.1. cumulative and remote update and opt file are downloaded successfully, after the rebooting of the modem, the falcon --version remain 8.2.2.0... looking strange to me.
is there another way to downgrade it like I upgraded it in redboot?
thanks for the help!
Note: the remote is 3100NB
Bouc

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Mar 11th, 2009 at 11:21am  
If that remote is still locked (rlock) I recommend you resolve that issue first (if you havent already).  

You stated that falcon remains 8.2. Have you tried to load (with iSite) or CAT an options file into it (from command line)?  The opt will remain 8.2 until you load a new one (no secret there!)

Have you been able to confirm that the 7.X cumulative_update and image were successfull?  Recommend you telnet to the box and check the version to confirm that the update and image successfully made it onto the unit.  

M

IP Logged

Bouc
★★

Reply #6 - Mar 12th, 2009 at 1:26pm  
In Isite, cumulative update, remote pkg and new opt files are downloaded successully, after reset under settings and statistics the software version remains 8.2.2.0; option file only is loaded but not images...
-- After rebooting only "power" is 'on'... on hyperterm I can stop falcon running, cat the new opt file and paste the old provided with the 8.2.2.0 image to get the modem accessible with Isite... at this step RX and Net are constantly on (not flashing)

So, Is it possible to load the 7.1.1.pkg with hyperterm or teraterm in redboot as I upgraded to 8.2.2.0?
I'll be very happy to get whatever process (solution) will bring this modem ready for new pointing for c-band.
Thanks in advance for the help

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Mar 13th, 2009 at 2:26pm  
Settings and Statistics?  Observed through where? iSite?

If you can get into falcon, what does the version command yield from a telnet session to the iDU?

If the "version" command yields 8.2.2 after you load the packages, then you will definitely need to manually load the pkg's with WinSCP, extract, and execute them from command line.  

If you have a copy of iDirects "How do I recover iNFINITI remotes" bulletin" that PDF should contain the procedures for SCP'ing the files on the box, setting the perms, and executing them.

If you search for "How do I recover iNFINITI remotes" you will find the document.  I will not post a URL in this forum because I don’t have permission from the website to link their documents.
« Last Edit: Mar 14th, 2009 at 1:12pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

Bouc
★★

Reply #8 - Mar 16th, 2009 at 6:44am  
Thanks man, the modem is down and ready to be activated even if it's still rlocked.
I'm very grateful to you... God bless you

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Mar 16th, 2009 at 10:55am  
Great.  Hope everything works out for you...

M

IP Logged

Bouc
★★

Reply #10 - Mar 17th, 2009 at 4:13pm  
I can say things are going 60% because... rlock is off. the remainin issue is that remote is now locket at NSS10 but when I connect the BUC cable RX begins flashing (green)...
in Isite telnet it shows constantly Locked then unlocked for ever as it's flashing.... I'm still wondering if it's a BUC problem or NOC problem...
Plaese I'll be grateful if you can help on this....
B.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Mar 17th, 2009 at 5:28pm  
Can you provide me the below info from your Options file:

[ODU]

music_present =
odu_rx_dc_power =
odu_rx_10_mhz =
odu_tx_dc_power =
odu_tx_10_mhz =
odu_disable_tx_pwm =

IP Logged

Bouc
★★

Reply #12 - Mar 17th, 2009 at 5:32pm  
below is the info:
[ODU]
     music_present = 0
     odu_rx_dc_power = 1
     odu_rx_10_mhz = 0
     odu_tx_dc_power = 1
     odu_tx_10_mhz = 1
     odu_disable_tx_pwm = 0
B.

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #13 - Mar 17th, 2009 at 5:57pm  
Quote:
the remaining issue is that remote is now locked at NSS10 but when I connect the BUC cable RX begins flashing (green)

Check the BUC coax cable for short and open circuit using a DC volts/ohms meter.  Take care not to short the modem DC power supply voltage.

Check that the outer wire braid of the BUC coax cable is connected to the outer part of the F type plug at both ends.  The centre pin wire should be 1.5mm proud of the rim.  When you screw in the F connector, be sure that the pin goes smoothly into the socket and that the cable sheath and braid do not push back.

Best regards, Eric.

IP Logged

dot
★★★

Reply #14 - Mar 22nd, 2009 at 3:15pm  
If I understand correctly your Rx LED is flashing (not a constant green)? This indicates that you have a problem with your Rx cable, connector or LNB. Is the LNB stability parameter at your hub correctly configured?

IP Logged

Bouc
★★

Reply #15 - Mar 24th, 2009 at 12:04pm  
Men,

Thank you for your replies... the teleport guys told me it's a problem of transmit reject filter!
Funny!!! when an other modem  works fine on this new linear feed, mine can not.
Any other way to bay pass this???
Bouc

IP Logged

Pages: 1