Pages: 1

iDirect iToolKit

(Read 4155 times)
fluffymassive
★★★

SA. Australia
Mar 3rd, 2009 at 5:32am  
Hi All,

Im just wondering if anyone has ever used iToolKit? If so, what uses do you use it for? Have you found it easy to use?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

IP Logged

Scout
★★★

Reply #1 - Mar 3rd, 2009 at 1:49pm  
Hi,
The iToolkit is used for access to the NMS database (config and stats) using HTTP, iDirect developed the iToolkit to allow their clients and the end clients to have a method of accessing the NMS database without using iBuilder/iMonitor.
iToolkit works using gSOAP, you can set up monitoring, manipulation, reporting etc etc using a simple Web page so your clients can get easy access to information you decide to give them.

Personally I like the system, it means clients now have the ability to retrieve their own reports, it also provides a way for clients to request changes - extra bandwidth for a period or allows you to offer clients new options - new upgraded service etc.

the iToolkit does not give you a set format, you decide what you are going to have available and iDirect will work with you to develop the interface. 

It helps by the way if you have someone conversant in C++ Smiley

If it's of interest, contact the guys over at iDirect, they will be happy I'm sure to talk it through with you, (it's licensed and therefor at a cost Wink ) it is a nice extra edge to have when trying to win clients I think.

By the way - it used to be called Web Services Toolkit.

IP Logged

fluffymassive
★★★

SA. Australia
Reply #2 - Mar 5th, 2009 at 4:05am  
Thanks Scout.

Yeah we have getting iDirect to show us around it to start off with.
I have programmed in C++ before but has been along time since i have used it. Regarding the gSOAP im still trying to learn how to use it.

Starting off we just want to generate usage stats for clients and then later on maybe something like a map of the world and the mobile remotes location updated on the map as they move. Smiley

I guess i'll just have to wait and see how it goes.

Cheers.

IP Logged

fluffymassive
★★★

SA. Australia
Reply #3 - Jun 15th, 2009 at 1:09am  
Well still going with the iToolKit at the moment.

Has anyone had any luck with using javascript? I having problems getting the date in the correct format for the NMS server.
The server required the date to be in xsd:dateTime format, but java and javascript only have the single date() and time(). And they are not compatable with the xsd:dateTime!!!!

If anyone knows anything about this it would be greatly appreciated.

IP Logged

fluffymassive
★★★

SA. Australia
Reply #4 - Aug 7th, 2009 at 6:29am  
Well we got the date into the correct format now and are getting information back from the NMS. Has anyone else experienced timouts when retreiving a lot of information from the NMS?

Currently we are using javascript that calls to the NMS to retreive the IP stats of the remote, and can see the stats coming back but takes along time!!! Sad

anyone else used iToolkit before or have any help?

Cheers,

IP Logged

wbailey
★★★

Reply #5 - Aug 27th, 2009 at 1:09am  
iToolkit isnt just licensed software. You actually have to BUY hardware with it. You get a demo NMS and NMS simulator. And it's *EXPENSIVE*, though less expensive if you have the super duper platinum support (which we dont have). I don't think it does a whole lot, besides a front end for coding applications which talk to the sql/nms server.

IP Logged

Pages: 1