Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

HX 50 Invacom LNB Setting

(Read 4000 times)
copterdr3
★★

Mar 6th, 2009 at 10:14am  
I'm putting the word out. If you have recently purchased an HX 50 modem and you recieve a LNB with a brand name of Invacom then this pertains to you. I was at my witts end trying to figure out why my reception could not get over 29% signal strength. After working with Bentley Walker tech support i was still nowhere closer. Finaly i was working in the Manual Configurations page looking over my setup documentation from BW. one of the settings on the page pertains to what type of LNB you are using. When I initally set the Modem up i used the drop down menu and selected "INVACOM" as the LNB i was using. So last night on a whim i went back into the drop down menu and selected "PURE" as the LNB. Much to my suprise when i came out of the settings page i had a lock on at 92% on the W3A satellite. So if you cant get your signal over 29% and your absoluteley certain that you are aimed in the right direction, cange your LNB settings and see what happens
« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2009 at 5:40pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #1 - Mar 6th, 2009 at 12:11pm  
Please say what model number Invacom LNB you have.

SPV-30SM LO Freq. 9.75 GHz & 10.6 GHz
SPV-31SM LO Freq. 10.0GHz & 11.3 GHz
High/low band Control 22 kHz

SPV-40SM LO Freq. 9.75 GHz & 10.6 GHz
SPV-41SM LO Freq. 10.0GHz & 11.3GHz
High/low band Control 13 - 18 volts

If you need a local oscillator frequency of 9.75 GHz then you need the 22kHz tone off in the case of the SPV-30SM or DC supply volts LO (13v) in the case of the SPV-40SM.

Satellite carrier freq 10877.2 MHz minus LNB LO freq 9750 MHz = cable 1127.2 MHz = 11272 (100kHz) modem  tuning frequency.

Does this make sense ?

It is much appreciated when people report successful installations.  Anyone with a good working installation is welcome to submit details and pictures so other can learn.

Best regards, Eric.
« Last Edit: Mar 10th, 2009 at 8:00pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

James-BW
★★★

Reply #2 - Mar 10th, 2009 at 11:42am  
To clarify, our W3A Middle East HX terminals use SPV-30 switchable 9.75/10.6 GHz LNBs. You do not need to set an LNB model in your HX settings, simply set the 22kHz switch to off and the local oscillator frequency selected will be 9.75 GHz.

[ edited by forum admin ]
« Last Edit: Mar 10th, 2009 at 8:02pm by Admin1 »  

www.freedomsat.com a high-speed Satellite Internet solution that delivers fast and reliable internet to difficult to connect spots around the world.
IP Logged

Pages: 1