Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

HX50 Web Acceleration Status "Not Operational"

(Read 24979 times)
BlackSheep5
★★

Iraq
Apr 19th, 2009 at 11:58am  
I keep getting the yellow light on my "System Status" and it says degraded.

It says
Web Acceleration Status: "Not Operational"

This state indicates that your terminal is not able to bring up the Web Acceleration connection. This may be due to a problem in the Receive or Transmit link or in the BentleyWalkerHX50 Network Operations Center.

What could cause this?

I have a new modem, cable, & LNB.

YIM  
IP Logged

USN - Retired
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Kentucky (USA)
Reply #1 - Apr 19th, 2009 at 12:57pm  
Your advanced diagnostics may narrow this down to Web Acceleration [I] or Web Acceleration [N]. The former is the modem telling you it's got a problem, the latter is the NOC telling your modem THEY have a problem. In the vast majority of cases, it's going to be a NOC problem - and completely out of your control.

Don't know if the HX-series has the capability enabled. But on my HN-series, the issue can sometimes be corrected by a turbo page teardown. To check, turn your browser to the advanced statistics page and look at the directory in the left hand column. If Turbopage is listed, click it. Then click Advanced Cfg. Select Auto, then click the Tear Down button, then the Continue button. But this only works if the NOC has more than one WebAccel server address - and neither you nor I know that. So there's no guarantees that this will work at all in your situation. Can't hurt anything to try though.

//greg//

USN (Ret)

IP Logged

BlackSheep5
★★

Iraq
Reply #2 - Apr 20th, 2009 at 9:10am  
I did what you said, when I click "continue" it ask me to save a .bin file what is that for?

Also my provider came back and said that it was because of weather but it is nice an sunny out and it is doing it.

YIM  
IP Logged

USN - Retired
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Kentucky (USA)
Reply #3 - Apr 20th, 2009 at 1:00pm  
Hmmmm, I've never seen that. The only .bin files I'm aware of are related to the actual modem firmware. There's one used in the fallback updater too, but that's kinda the same thing. Either you've come across an obvious difference between my HN firmware and your HX firmware, or there's a glitch in your own. But I'm not in a position to say which, that should fall on your provider. Short of that - if the modem is otherwise working - put this back on their doorstep.

As far as your provider's response, lousy weather at the NOC can affect your end too. But having been a satellite controller, I know they're supposed to increase their EIRP to punch through bad weather, thus minimizing the impact to the subscriber network. That said, the NOC operators could have been asleep at the wheel. In short, bad weather at the distant end SHOULD not have been the reason for your issue - and it should NOT have rendered Web Acceleration "Not Operational". Plus - if your issue persists - it wasn't the reason in the first place. HPEP server issues at your provider is a more likely reason.

So that brings us to the question; do you still have this Web Acceleration problem?

//greg//

USN (Ret)

IP Logged

A.Walker
★★★

Reply #4 - Apr 20th, 2009 at 6:24pm  
I think you misunderstand the support advise bad weather was in Turin Teleport not your site , they had thunderstorms there

IP Logged

BlackSheep5
★★

Iraq
Reply #5 - Apr 22nd, 2009 at 9:18am  
It's just wierd that the 7000 I had never seemed to be down as much as this Hx is.

YIM  
IP Logged

James-BW
★★★

Reply #6 - Apr 22nd, 2009 at 11:58am  
Hi,

We at BW have been following your posts and want to confirm if you are still having issues, please contact me at james @ bentleywalker.com if your problems persist.

James - Bentley Walker

www.freedomsat.com a high-speed Satellite Internet solution that delivers fast and reliable internet to difficult to connect spots around the world.
IP Logged

BlackSheep5
★★

Iraq
Reply #7 - Apr 23rd, 2009 at 4:18pm  
James, I sent you an email.

Quick question, If my "pol" is not set correctly will that cause it to give this error?

YIM  
IP Logged

USN - Retired
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Kentucky (USA)
Reply #8 - Apr 23rd, 2009 at 5:04pm  
While awaiting James, I'll contribute a little here. There are five possible Web Acceleration statuses (stati?) To see them, go to your System Status page, then click on the Web Acceleration Status hyperlink. The page that appears will list the five. Click on each individual hyperlink for the associated (Hughes) explanation.

Short answer yes, but other stats need to be considered before concluding that an inaccurate POL angle is actually contributing. Still in all, it never hurts to sieze an opportunity to optimize POL when you have the attention of the NOC

//greg//

USN (Ret)

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #9 - Apr 23rd, 2009 at 6:10pm  
If the polarisation is not set correctly the receive path at the site is vulnerable to downlink interference from the cross-pol transponder.  This interference might be continuous (e.g. SCPC or TV carrier) or intermittent (e.g. TDMA carrier, occasional use TV tranmissions etc) or non-existent (transponder band unused at the moment).  The effect would be increased errors on the receive path to the remote site.

Regarding the uplink transmit path from the remote site, moderate cross pol error won't have any significant affect on the wanted transmissions to the hub.  Even +/- 45 deg error would only introduce -3dB loss, which might well be taken up by power control. The problem with even small uplink cross-pol error (say +/- 4 deg) is the interference it causes to other people - causing intermittent bursts of errors in other people's services every time this site transmits a TDMA burst.

The polarisation of the feed needs to be checked and if necessary adjusted during initial site commissioning. For W3A the polarisation angle will be about 3.5 deg further clockwise than calculated and the giant scale on the back of the 1.2m dish enables a reasonable initial setting. You can also use an accurate inclinometer placed sideways across the BUC or LNB body.  

Would errors on the remote site receive path cause a problem with "Web Acceleration" software status ?  I don't know.  I suggest BlackSheep5 keeps in communication with the hub to resolve this issue.  In my case the "Web Acceleration" software status went to normal about 30 minutes after power on.  Maybe the hub need to reset something.

Best regards, Eric.

IP Logged

BlackSheep5
★★

Iraq
Reply #10 - Apr 30th, 2009 at 1:09pm  
I still have not received a reply to the email I sent James.

It is sunny outside without a cloud in the sky. In Turin is fair and 66F. So the weather is good and I am still getting off and on:

Web Acceleration "Not Operational"

and occasionally errors in my internet browser "Satellite link outage"

What could be other causes of this since it is certainly not the weather like I am being told.

YIM  
IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #11 - Apr 30th, 2009 at 5:04pm  
Here is some information intended to help anyone with a Prodelin dish with a mode matched feed (Feed has "505" marking on the top of the horn throat) and a giant circular polarisation scale behind the dish.

On the throat of the horn is a "505" marking.  You must always have the 505 directly away from the feed arm and the fat lump, underneath, towards the feed arm.

You may adjust the polarisation to any required angle (though full 360 deg and for both Horizontal and Vertical) using the scale behind the dish.

If your nominal RX polarisation is Vertical then you may turn the dish by 90 deg and then go backwards by the adjustment amount.  The adjustment direction must be correct (clockwise is positive while facing towards the satellite) but the numerical scale markings may need to be ignored.  Think about the amount of adjustment and use the tick marks to count the amount.  The numbers may be backwards.

These new design Prodelin dishes give superior cross-pol performance to all other single reflector antennas*, but only if you follow these assembly instructions above.

Best regards, Eric.

* except for ERA diamond antennas which use the same mode matched feed.
« Last Edit: May 1st, 2009 at 11:34am by Eric Johnston »  

IP Logged

BlackSheep5
★★

Iraq
Reply #12 - Oct 17th, 2009 at 1:57pm  
I love this.

Web Acceleration Client Error (504) - Suspected Satellite Link Outage

The satellite link was not operational when the last web page request was made. Possible causes for this include recent changes in weather conditions or equipment problems in the Network Operations Center. Trying again at a later time may result in restored service due to either improvements in the weather conditions causing the service outage or rectification of a network problem in the Network Operations Center. If this problem persists, please contact your service provider for additional assistance.

YIM  
IP Logged

BlackSheep5
★★

Iraq
Reply #13 - Oct 17th, 2009 at 2:50pm  
ya woo hoo

Web Acceleration Client Error (535) - Promise URL Expired

The Web Acceleration Client cannot process this request because a promise URL expired. This error is rare and typically due to a misconfiguration of the prefetch timeout value and/or the promise list timeout value in the Web Acceleration Client settings.

YIM  
IP Logged

BlackSheep5
★★

Iraq
Reply #14 - Oct 17th, 2009 at 7:10pm  
I win again

Terminal Receive Error (603)

The HUGHES terminal is experiencing a problem receiving the satellite signal. Possible causes for this include recent changes in weather conditions that impact your terminal's signal strength or equipment problems in the HUGHES Network Operations Center. Trying again at a later time may result in restored service due to either improvements in the weather conditions causing the service outage or rectification of a network problem in the HUGHES Network Operations Center. You can check your terminal's signal strength and receive status by accessing the System Control Center. If this problem persists, please contact your service provider for additional assistance.

YIM  
IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #15 - Oct 18th, 2009 at 11:59am  
Did all these error messages appear at the same time ?

Re: Terminal receive error (603)

If your terminal is having problems receiving the signal, it is possible that severe weather (i.e. very heavy rain) is the cause, at either the teleport or your site.  Light to moderate rain should not cause an outage. The HX system adapts to temporary fading, and outages should only happen during the most severe rain or if your dish is mispointed so you have little link margin in clear sky conditions.

The message, relating to the error code, fails to mention and emphasise these possibilities:

Intermittent F connectors due to wrong assembly (pin not long enough, braid not contacting, not screwed in properly - firm finger tight is ideal, copper fragments).

Degraded F connectors, pin and cable due to moisture (not sealed and moisture + DC power causes severe corrosion over a few weeks, possibly for some distance down inside the cable.)

Dish mispointed due to wind, vandalism etc.

Note that for a few days either side of the equinoxes you will experience daily sun outages for several minutes as the sun appears to pass across behind the satellite.

Is your receive SQF steady ?  Does the RX flicker or appear to fail briefly and intermittently ?  Are you near to any possible source of intermittent interference - neon signs - air conditioner switches - radar ?

Do the error messages 504 and 535 appear to be related to particular web sites or page content ?  I am particulary concerned that the Google adverts on my forum pages may cause such errors as I am getting a number of 404 errors in my server log just from Hughesnet IP addresses ?  Are you using the BW Turbo acceleration software on your PC ?

Best regards, Eric.

IP Logged

BlackSheep5
★★

Iraq
Reply #16 - Oct 18th, 2009 at 12:18pm  
The time of my post is the time of the errors, I have not yet figured out a pattern of the errors, it just does different ones all the time.

I am the only one using this system because no one else will pay me to use it because of the constant "web acceleration errors"

"Intermittent F connectors due to wrong assembly (pin not long enough, braid not contacting, not screwed in properly - firm finger tight is ideal, copper fragments)."

I am using the crimped cables that came with the modem new, they are only a few months old, and they are tight.

"Degraded F connectors, pin and cable due to moisture (not sealed and moisture + DC power causes severe corrosion over a few weeks, possibly for some distance down inside the cable.)"

I am in NW Iraq and there is no moisture here, the rainy season hasn't even started yet.

"Dish mispointed due to wind, vandalism etc."

Modem shows a sig of 94 all the time.

"Note that for a few days either side of the equinoxes you will experience daily sun outages for several minutes as the sun appears to pass across behind the satellite."

It does the same stuff when it is dark.

"Is your receive SQF steady ?  Does the RX flicker or appear to fail briefly and intermittently ?  Are you near to any possible source of intermittent interference - neon signs - air conditioner switches - radar ?"

There is an AC unit directly behind the dish.

"Do the error messages appear to be related to particular web sites od page content ?  Do the Google adverts on these forum pages cause url errors ?"

Not that I have noticed.

YIM  
IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #17 - Oct 18th, 2009 at 12:30pm  
Quote:
Web Acceleration Client Error (535) - Promise URL Expired

The Web Acceleration Client cannot process this request because a promise URL expired. This error is rare and typically due to a misconfiguration of the prefetch timeout value and/or the promise list timeout value in the Web Acceleration Client settings.

The above looks interesting and I will speak tomorrow with BW about it. If you do spot some pattern and can somehow make the error reliably repeatable, do tell us.

One thing I forgot...
Why did your terminal start working again after 2 days ?   If the RX suddenly came good again I wonder if this was this due to a bad LNB F connector. The centre pin should be between 6.35 and 9.53mm long, as measured from the face of the dielectric.  The pin will normally stick out 1.1 to 3.4mm proud of the surrounding rim. Ref: SBCA F connector dimensions - specification - best practices

Having the centre pin too short or too long is a common  fault.

Best regards, Eric.
« Last Edit: Oct 18th, 2009 at 3:08pm by Eric Johnston »  

IP Logged

USN - Retired
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Kentucky (USA)
Reply #18 - Oct 18th, 2009 at 5:12pm  
What kind of activity prompts this client side WebAccel error? Client side by the way, means your modem spit it out - not the WebAccel server. I ask, because the only protocol that should generate WebAccel errors is HTTP.  It may be meaningful if you're getting the 535 error when transferring other than HTTP packets.

Given what I've read so far, I'll venture three initial possibilities; (a) your modem firmware is corrupt, (b) your modem is dying, or (c) BW implemented a bad WebAccel patch on the server side - one that's causing a conflict in your modem.

//greg//

USN (Ret)

IP Logged

BlackSheep5
★★

Iraq
Reply #19 - Oct 18th, 2009 at 8:15pm  
This just in.

Web Acceleration Client Error (509.2) - Upstream TCP Receive Failure (Web Server)

The Web Acceleration Client detected a TCP connection failure while receiving data directly from the web server or proxy server. Retrying the web page may correct the problem.

It stopped working because something was implemented on their end that was suppose to auto download and reboot the modem.

But for some reason it messed up and when mine rebooted I had a sig of 23 and it was decommissioned. I had to manually change my symbol rate to 10 from 12 and I instantly got a sig of 94 then it kept getting stuck on "Downloading files" for hours.

Anytime I can get web accl errors I just clicked on this site and I got one, I hit refresh then it worked.

YIM  
IP Logged

BlackSheep5
★★

Iraq
Reply #20 - Oct 19th, 2009 at 6:47am  

This just happened, I had firefox open with 4 tabs, each trying to open a different webpage and I got this error on all 4 tabs.

YIM  
IP Logged

BlackSheep5
★★

Iraq
Reply #21 - Oct 19th, 2009 at 8:09am  

One tab in Firefox, trying to use google search.

YIM  
IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #22 - Oct 19th, 2009 at 9:38am  
I've spoken with Bentley Walker this morning +44 2392 311 118 about this.  They are aware of the issue and expect it to be fixed shortly.   A new "profile" is being sent out.

I suggest you leave your site powered on and if it suddenly reboots, leave alone till it settles down again.

Best regards, Eric.
« Last Edit: Dec 6th, 2009 at 9:09am by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

BlackSheep5
★★

Iraq
Reply #23 - Oct 19th, 2009 at 10:36am  
Quote:
I've spoken with Bentley Walker this morning +44 2392 311 118 about this.  They are aware of the issue and expect it to be fixed shortly.   A new "profile" is being sent out.

I suggest you leave your site powered on and if it suddenly reboots, leave alone till it settles down again.

Best regards, Eric.

Thanks for all the help. Currently I am plugged straight into the modem and have one tab open trying to view a Youtube video and it's taking forever.

Web Accleration - Not Operationa
This state indicates that your terminal is not able to bring up the Web Acceleration connection. This may be due to a problem in the Receive or Transmit link or in the BentleyWalkerHX50 Network Operations Center.
« Last Edit: Dec 6th, 2009 at 9:11am by Admin1 »  
YIM  
IP Logged

BlackSheep5
★★

Iraq
Reply #24 - Oct 19th, 2009 at 6:29pm  
DNS lookup error

DNS lookup error

This for a site I always visit.

YIM  
IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #25 - Oct 19th, 2009 at 6:56pm  
If you have two specific DNS specified in your PC then one or both of these may be invalid.

Set your network interface to "Obtain DNS automatically" and repair the PC ethernet interface.

Find the tiny network icon in lower right corner of your screen.

right click the mouse
status (or repair )
properties
scroll down to TCP/IP
properties
Select "Obtain DNS automatically"

Best regards, Eric.

IP Logged

BlackSheep5
★★

Iraq
Reply #26 - Oct 20th, 2009 at 9:23am  
Quote:
If you have two specific DNS specified in your PC then one or both of these may be invalid.

Set your network interface to "Obtain DNS automatically" and repair the PC ethernet interface.

It is already set to that.

It sometimes errors and shows that error in the web page twice.

YIM  
IP Logged

James-BW
★★★

Reply #27 - Oct 20th, 2009 at 9:55am  
Good morning sir,

As per my email sent to you yesterday:

--
Do you have access to msn/Yahoo/live messenger? If so my ID is included in the mail (can be used for all). I would like to run through your outstanding issues and update accordingly. Whilst Satsig is a truly valuable resource for advice much of the diagnostics are down to speculation and with our input I am sure we can resolve all outstanding issues.
--

I am wholly confident that we can replicate these issues during monitoring directly with you and establish the nature of them. Both configured DNS on this platform are operating without issues so we need to look further along the chain.

Please kindly contact me at your convenience to discuss further.

Regards,

James - Bentley Walker.

www.freedomsat.com a high-speed Satellite Internet solution that delivers fast and reliable internet to difficult to connect spots around the world.
IP Logged

BlackSheep5
★★

Iraq
Reply #28 - Oct 20th, 2009 at 7:15pm  
Quote:
Good morning sir,

As per my email sent to you yesterday:

--
Do you have access to msn/Yahoo/live messenger? If so my ID is included in the mail (can be used for all). I would like to run through your outstanding issues and update accordingly. Whilst Satsig is a truly valuable resource for advice much of the diagnostics are down to speculation and with our input I am sure we can resolve all outstanding issues.
--

I am wholly confident that we can replicate these issues during monitoring directly with you and establish the nature of them. Both configured DNS on this platform are operating without issues so we need to look further along the chain.

Please kindly contact me at your convenience to discuss further.

Regards,

James - Bentley Walker.

Yes, I replied to this email and added you to my Yahoo Messenger, it said it sent you a request to allow me to add you. I have yet to receive a reply to the email.

YIM  
IP Logged

James-BW
★★★

Reply #29 - Oct 21st, 2009 at 8:52am  
Hi,

Failed to recieve the email please could you kindly resend it along with your chat ID and I will add you from my end. Feel free to send your ID as a private message on here.

Regards,

James

IP Logged

BlackSheep5
★★

Iraq
Reply #30 - Oct 22nd, 2009 at 8:45am  
I resent the email and sent you a PM.

YIM  
IP Logged

hagg
★★

Reply #31 - Dec 6th, 2009 at 5:02am  
I am having the same issues with my HX50. For awhile it was disconnecting all the time, apparently the modem was "hacked". That was fixed, but I still have the Web Accel issues pretty constant. I've had all the errors BlackSheep had. Getting to the point where my company is shopping elsewhere. I've sent at least two emails to the BW technical support, with no replies at all. Love those guys.

IP Logged

A.Walker
★★★

Reply #32 - Dec 7th, 2009 at 1:58pm  
Dear Sir

I saw your posting on the forum and wanted immediately to tell you that we are most concerned , we have just installed new NIC cards in the Turbo servers that should may a big difference with the error situation you have been seeing , apparently Hughes had a bug in their HP servers attributed to the NIC cards, anyhow I have asked our support engineer (Mr Delaney)  to thoroughly check your system but we will need the site s/number in order to do so,  Gary Delaney will be in touch immediately with his contact, finally please advise who you emailed and the address you used to contact as I think that it may be an incorrect address.

Best Regards,
Mr Anthony Walker
CEO
Bentley Walker, UK
« Last Edit: Dec 7th, 2009 at 4:04pm by Admin1 »  
IP Logged

A.Walker
★★★

Reply #33 - Dec 7th, 2009 at 2:21pm  
Good Afternoon Sir,

I would like to apologize in advance for the difficulties you have faced in contacting our support team and also with the difficulties you have faced with what is normally a very stable system. Mr. Walker has assigned me to your case to ensure you receive a speedy resolution to your problem. I have performed a search of our database for your email address and have been unable to locate your record. If you can please supply the ESN number so that I can proceed with troubleshooting your site.

Also; below are the recommended means of contact for the Bentley Walker support team:
Main Email address: support@bentleywalker.com
Telephone number: +44 23 9231 1118

We also provide live support via MSN Messenger, my direct MSN Messenger contact is below:
gary_del@hotmail.com

We also operate a ticket system (https://80.177.108.80/sitehelpdesk/user/log.asp), I will discuss this further with you and provide login details once we have resolved your initial problems.

Attached to an email to you please find the master contact list which details contacts for each department within Bentley Walker.

I would like to apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you.

Best Regards,

Gary Delaney, Bentley Walker Ltd
« Last Edit: Dec 7th, 2009 at 4:09pm by Admin1 »  
IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #34 - Dec 11th, 2009 at 8:47pm  
I am also encountering Random HX50 Web Acceleration Status "Not Operational" and or TCP Acceleration Status "Not Operational" or "Impaired" and or System Status Degraded even though signal is 92 and weather is clear. Tried adjusting Pol and Replaced cables as instructed by Support Rep. This was never an issue with HN7000s we had fully operational the last 2 months. Only reason we upgraded to HX50 was limited monthly quota and Fap limit of service on old system.

IP Logged

A.Walker
★★★

Reply #35 - Dec 12th, 2009 at 8:52am  
Hi

This is BW we have actually found some issues on the Hughes Turbo servers that were causing errors, this has been rectified and customers are reporting vast improvements,. what I suggest you do is check your lat and long settings are accurate and if so then go into the installation menu and range your system , please after you have done this let us know if your seeing improvement if not please email me

Anthony@bentleywalker.com

IP Logged

Pages: 1