Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Satellite Services for 3500 users in Middle East

(Read 2468 times)
Zarabud
★★

May 14th, 2009 at 4:39pm  
Hello! I am new to the satellite market and would love to have some help from you here on the forum.
We were inquire whether we can provide internet via satellite to a large authority with 3500 users in the Middle East. I Thought first to purchase capacity from any Internet ISP but we are considering at the same time to become self-ISP and buy a services directly from a satellite company. What have suggestions about it. What I need for our own ISP, and from what Satellite is better to do business with.

Kind Regards
« Last Edit: May 14th, 2009 at 11:28pm by Zarabud »  

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #1 - May 14th, 2009 at 6:47pm  
If all 3500 users are in one place I would recommend trying hard to get a terrestrial optic fibre connection as this is likely to be the least costly.

If your users are scattered over a wide area however, satellite represents a solution for those difficult remote locations, away from a good terrestrial infrastructure.

Consider a VSAT satellite system for 1000 such remote users.  Capacity sizing (Mbit/s on the satellite) is based on the total number of end user PCs and their activity.  Assuming 'moderate' useage (i.e. not downloading videos all day or sending out virus emails non-stop !) each PC needs an allowance of about 12 kbit/s download speed and 3 kbit/s upload speed, so for a total of 1000 PCs, you will need something like 12 Mbit/s down and 3 Mbit/s up.

For this fully implemented system, the cost could be $105,000 per month.   Helpfully, the full satellite capacity does not need to be bought up front but could grow to match your customer growth.

For 1000 PCs total, it is likely that you might have perhaps 200 sites, each with an average of 5 PCs.  Cost per site per month might be $525.  ($105 per month per end user PC)

I would recommend getting some small scale experience by equipping several remote offices, each with a satellite connection.  Go to this satsig page Satellite service providers for the Middle East region and contact all companies explaining your requirements.  Ask about how you might manage your sites in the future, as you grow.  One possibility is becoming an iDirect Virtual Network Operator (iDirect VNO).  The large dish satellite teleport hub might be in Europe, Hong Kong or Australia and you would have full control of the hub control computers remotely so that you can do traffic, network and VSAT site management from your own screens.  HughesNet HX and ViaSat LinkStar and Surfbeam are alternative VSAT technologies.

Hopefully you will get email advice directly to you from other providers and also further help here in this forum.

Best regards, Eric.
« Last Edit: May 14th, 2009 at 8:13pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Zarabud
★★

Reply #2 - May 14th, 2009 at 8:29pm  
Thank you very much for the nice answer.
I have contact with a few companies right now, and have received different answers. Some of them are more serious than the others. Anyway thanks again for your reply.

Best Regards
Zara bud

IP Logged

Zarabud
★★

Reply #3 - May 16th, 2009 at 9:48pm  
Wondering if anyone has idea how roughly would it cost to rent a part of the satellite teleports some where in the world to serve different network in Asia.

Regards,
Zarabud

IP Logged

VSATero
★★

Reply #4 - May 18th, 2009 at 9:48am  
Please  contact me on iero@skylogsolutions.com and I will work it out with you.We operate a Teleport in The uk.

Business Director ,Skylog Solutions Ltd
YIM  
IP Logged

Sun-SAT-Serv
★★★

Reply #5 - Jun 13th, 2009 at 3:37pm  
Hi,

Please send me an Email.
I will reply you with a good solution.

golsavar@ertebatat.com

Regards.

IP Logged