Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Video over IP with iDirect 3000

(Read 2046 times)
davidk
★★

Jun 2nd, 2009 at 6:38am  
Hi,

I have a unit of iDirect 3000 and I wish to configure it as a V(ideo)oIP application using a L-band signalv(DVB-S). Can you pls advise me how I can do that? Is there any firmware that I need to download onto the unit with iSite software for this application to work? In addition, if you have any document(s) describing this set up, I would appreciate if you could send it along with your reply.

Thanks.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Jun 2nd, 2009 at 12:16pm  
David,

I dont think what you are describing is possible in an iDirect environment.  I have never heard of anyone doing it.  Why not buy an H.264/MPEG4P10 encoder/decoder and run your Video over IP?  There are software or hardware versions are on the market, that fit this need.

Also, you are using a 3000 series modem. It is not an eVOLUTION line modem and therefore does not support DVBS2. You have an iNFINITI board that does not support the DVB standard. 

Either way, I dont recommend that you load any software on tht iDirect board as its duty cycle is already busy enough (performing its satellite functionality).

IP Logged

davidk
★★

Reply #2 - Jun 3rd, 2009 at 7:41am  
Thanks, Mike for your reply.

Regards;
David

IP Logged

Pages: 1