Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Unlock required

(Read 2456 times)
macos
★★

Jun 22nd, 2009 at 2:36pm  
Dear Moderator and members,
I want to request to my Provider to unlock my iDirect modem since our contract nearly expired.

how many password have to be unlock by provider so we can completely use our iDirect modem to be use/change to another provider?

warm regards,

macos

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Jun 24th, 2009 at 12:12pm  
You need to work with your S-ISP to have them unlock that box.  If they are using the lock feature, then they in fact know HOW to unlock it.  If you can prove ownership of the unit, you can work an angle thru iDirect TAC to have them provide you with a key to unlock it.

IP Logged

macos
★★

Reply #2 - Jun 25th, 2009 at 3:34pm  
Dear Mike,
Thanks for your comment,
off course I will ask my ISP to unlock first but if they play a game ( just in case, but I hope not), I can ask to iDirect TAC to do it for me, that what you mean?

Thanks

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jun 25th, 2009 at 7:46pm  
If you can prove ownership of that unit....Yes.

IP Logged

JF78
★★

Reply #4 - Jul 2nd, 2009 at 10:32pm  
Certainly see if you can get the provider to unlock it and if that doesn't work, try iDirect. Having said that, iDirect's "official" postion is that they no longer get invovled with locked modems. That doesn't mean that you won't get lucky and find someone sympathetic at the TAC. What's up with your current provider that making you want to move?

IP Logged

Scout
★★★

Reply #5 - Jul 3rd, 2009 at 6:11pm  
iDirect's official position is actually that the person shown in their records as having ownership of the unit must provide written permission for the unit to be unlocked. 
That means, whoever bought the remote from them, or, if notification of change of ownership has been provided, whoever that relates to.
iDirect, quite rightly in my view, do not get involved in disputes between ISP and end user, it's down to the legal obligations on either side of that agreement to prove ownership and to behave responsibly. 
If your ISP will not unlock the modem, you can always go to iDirect and request an unlock key, they have a record of the modem serial against who purchased it and will ask for permission from that company, without that, I would expect you to have a hard time getting an unlock key from them.  Think about it, if your provider won't unlock a modem for you, for whatever reason, iDirect are unlikely to unlock it as this is going against their own customer.  Not great business practice.

IP Logged

Pages: 1