Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Bentley Walker Tooway visible FAP/usage stats

(Read 11029 times)
Carl_BW
★★

Jun 29th, 2009 at 5:15pm  
Users of Bentley Walker Tooway systems may now view their FAP usage statistics by visiting the following page within the Bentley Walker website support area:

We expect customers to find this exclusive feature a great asset to making the most of their Tooway service. Any questions or feedback regarding this facility can be directed to support@bentleywalker.com.
« Last Edit: Feb 20th, 2015 at 3:17pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Sean_Williams
★★

Reply #1 - Jul 2nd, 2009 at 11:42am  
I'd be careful of trying this if I was you.
It crashes IE8 and sometimes Firefox.
If you can actually get through to the usage tab without a crash, it shows zero on everything!
All this, from a normal ADSL line.

When trying from the Tooway service, it simply crashes and renders the Tooway link inoperable for 20 minutes.
Marvellous!

And, while I'm at it, why is this service announced on a Forum, but nothing directly to the Tooway subscribers?

I'm extremely unimpressed to say the least!

IP Logged

cambrian
★★

Reply #2 - Jul 2nd, 2009 at 1:48pm  
Sean,

It's not my job to defend BW but I did receive an email some time back informing me that usage stats were now available on the support area of the BW web site. I could not make any sense of this at the time and concluded that it was probably a premature anouncment.

Recently, I have been looking at my stats using Chrome and Firefox 3.5 with no problems until yesterday except cookies needed deleting periodically.

Yesterday and today things have gone "peculiar" I was getting 3.2MB download and only 200Kbs upload, stats were not available. No crashes. BUT TooWay way was totally unpredictable, connected one minute and gone the next. Presumably some work was going on in Turin. Today it seems to be working ok with speed test results :-

Speed Test Results
Date      02/07/09 13:09:11
Speed Down      2560.72 Kbps ( 2.5 Mbps )
Speed Up      170.69 Kbps ( 0.2 Mbps )
Port      8095
Server      speedtest1.thinkbroadband.com

Quite good on download I think!

Hope it lasts.

Tony

IP Logged

cambrian
★★

Reply #3 - Jul 2nd, 2009 at 1:56pm  
Sorry,I meant to write 3.2Mbs oops, it must be the hot weather!

Tony

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jul 2nd, 2009 at 6:28pm  
My Tooway is struggling at the moment. It seems to be losing the modem link on and off much of the time. Last night I had atleast 5 outages, each lasting between 10 mins and 45 mins. The up periods only lasted 10 mins at most. It makes it pretty unworkable at the moment.

Today has been much the same, two drop outs so far this evening (and its not 6pm yet).

I have raised tickets with BW so hopefully they are looking into it.

In addition to this, the much awaited FAP system doesn't work for me. I have tried it with Safari, IE7 and Firefox and it either crashes the session completely or tells me the website cannot be found. Very disappointing. I have even tried using it from other PC's with landline broadband. No joy at all.

I have been patiently waiting for this FAP system as I suspect that I have spent a year using half my BW allowance when if I had been told my usage (or been able to find it out anywhere)  then I could have saved something like £50 per month and switched to the other BW package.
Getting very worn down constantly having to plead for things to get better or for information. Shouldn't have to be like this.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jul 2nd, 2009 at 6:53pm  
One happy update to my last message! Although my Tooway keeps dropping its link to the satellite, I have just managed a speed test, and the results are MUCH better than ever before.
So if BW can fix whatever is going on with the link dropping out (maybe the weather or maybe they are in the middle of upgrades?) then things might start looking up!
Will post if things settle down.

IP Logged

europe-satellite.com
★★★

London UK
Reply #6 - Jul 2nd, 2009 at 11:16pm  
Quote:
My Tooway is struggling at the moment. It seems to be losing the modem link on and off much of the time. Last night I had atleast 5 outages, each lasting between 10 mins and 45 mins. The up periods only lasted 10 mins at most. It makes it pretty unworkable at the moment.

Today has been much the same, two drop outs so far this evening (and its not 6pm yet).

Maybe the weather on 01-07-2009 or a combination of weather and maintenance ?

I have raised tickets with BW so hopefully they are looking into it.

In addition to this, the much awaited FAP system doesn't work for me. I have tried it with Safari, IE7 and Firefox and it either crashes the session completely or tells me the website cannot be found. Very disappointing. I have even tried using it from other PC's with landline broadband. No joy at all.

I have been patiently waiting for this FAP system as I suspect that I have spent a year using half my BW allowance when if I had been told my usage (or been able to find it out anywhere)  then I could have saved something like £50 per month and switched to the other BW package.
Getting very worn down constantly having to plead for things to get better or for information. Shouldn't have to be like this.

Maybe the weather or a combination of weather and maintenance ?
« Last Edit: Feb 20th, 2015 at 3:18pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jul 3rd, 2009 at 10:03am  
Yikes! That might explain some of it! Looks terrible.

IP Logged

boussagues
★★

Reply #8 - Aug 8th, 2009 at 12:13pm  
A lot of the time I cannot get anything on the page or I get the message"Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 62.49.2.48:9090."

IP Logged

Inland_Computers
★★

Reply #9 - Aug 13th, 2009 at 3:42pm  
I have been informed by BW that there is a problem with their FAP reporting server at the moment, but they are working to implement the new server some time towards the end of next week (if not sooner).

In the meantime, if you require a usage report, please contact BW or your reseller and they will be able to request it on your behalf (via the BW helpdesk tool).

IP Logged

James-BW
★★★

Reply #10 - Aug 20th, 2009 at 10:08am  
Dear all,

We have now reinstated the FAP statistics on the support area of our website, there are still some creases to iron out but customers will be able to access their stats again now. Any customer recieving redirect errors may need to re enter details.

Please contact support@bentleywalker.com to retrieve your SAI (site code number) or if you have any other queries.

James - Bentley Walker.
« Last Edit: Feb 20th, 2015 at 3:17pm by Admin1 »  

www.freedomsat.com a high-speed Satellite Internet solution that delivers fast and reliable internet to difficult to connect spots around the world.
IP Logged

Pages: 1