Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Tooway provider for France

(Read 3137 times)
feargal
★★

Jul 21st, 2009 at 9:40am  
I'm moving to rural France for a while and will be in an area that does not have DSL.  (its 2k from the nearest place with DSL  Sad )  

I've been reading these very helpful forums on the options that I have. Tooway seem to be the xxxx bet at the moment. (I will very much miss my 13mbs DSL)

I'm a software developer and I work with web projects so I need to get the fastest connection possible with the largest bandwidth (FUP).

On the forums I have read many horror stories with Numeo. Having done some software development work for an ISP in the past I know how bad some of these organizations can be for customers with problems.

Does anybody have experience with Sat2Way?

Any advice on which provider I should go with would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: Oct 7th, 2009 at 10:20am by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Reply #1 - Jul 21st, 2009 at 11:49am  
The Tooway service comes from Skylogic in Italy and the number of Mbytes per hour, 4 hours, 1 day, 1 week, 4 weeks apply according to the tariff you are paying. Once the Mbyte amounts in these sliding time period windows are exceeded you are reduced in speed till your totals get below the limits. The totals are recalculated every 5 minutes.

Resellers have various reputations in terms of helpfulness to the customer, technical support and billing disputes etc.  I can recommend Bentley Walker and El Molino (Europe Satellite).  Ask about the current Mbytes allowances, which may differ from old information on web sites.  You can use the Tooway equipment in any country within the beam coverage area.  Friendly and helpful customer support is most important.

If your Mbytes needs are more than the minimal one PC home user then you need to consider the higher tariff options.  If you start on a low tariff, check you can upgrade without any problems if you find you need more Mbytes.

Best regards, Eric.
« Last Edit: Jul 21st, 2009 at 1:58pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

feargal
★★

Reply #2 - Jul 22nd, 2009 at 11:41am  
Thanks.

I called Bentley Walker and they clarified that the daytime limit is 6GB and it would only be 12GB if used exclusively for downloads at night and this will be for all providers who use Skylogic.

So for me it looks like the gold package combined with wifi access points whenever I need to do large uploads/downloads.

IP Logged

numeof
★★

Reply #3 - Oct 6th, 2009 at 2:43pm  
Hi,

Steer far away from Numéo. They are a nightmare.
You do not have any webtools like a monitor to check your quota.
The hotline is a disaster. Only noknows. You pay €0,34/min. also when you are in a waiting queue which takes at least half an hour!!
If you ask nasty questions they hang up before your nose!
Check https://www.numeo.info and see how many victims they made!
« Last Edit: Oct 6th, 2009 at 6:45pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1