Happy Christmas to you all.
Satellite Internet home page

Satellite Internet Forum.

Welcome, Guest.
Welcome to this satellite broadband discussion forum. Wherever you are and whatever your problem we are here to help each other. Connecting to the internet via satellite is not always easy but is critically important to those in remote places or with poor terrestrial infrastructure. Both service providers and customers are encouraged to contribute. Register at the bottom of the forum home page if you wish to contribute or ask question. May 2018: GDPR: Updates to Privacy and Cookies policies: As you may know, a new EU data protection law called GDPR will apply from Friday 25th May 2018. As part of satsig's commitment to protecting the privacy of site visitors and forum members, I have therefore updated the Privacy and Cookie policies. There are now links leading to these policies: Disclaimer, Terms of Use and Privacy, Forum User Agreement, Forum Rules and Cookies at the bottom of the home page and all forum pages. Read the Forum rules.
      Satellite internet forum          
Pages: 1

4W with HN7000s ?

(Read 4491 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Aug 9th, 2009 at 9:29am  
can we integrate HN modem with 4W based on HN7740S or even HN7000s

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Aug 9th, 2009 at 12:09pm  
Hughes recommendations for the HN7700S series
Ku-band 1w or 2w
C-band 2w
Ka-band 1w, 2w, or 3.5w
Spec sheet on the 7740 doesn't mention radios, but it stands to reason they'd be the same for both modems.

A point to consider, is that I've personally never seen a 7000 series power adapter rated higher than 80 watts AC. And that one's listed as supporting only the 2w TIGRIS transmitter. Therefore a 4w BUC would probably have to be self-powered, which then creates the potential for power level control issues between modem and transmitter

//greg//

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Aug 9th, 2009 at 12:35pm  
correct me if I am wrong; itís not a recommendation for HN7000s or even HN7740s to use 1W or 2W. its a must, We cannot integrate any other BUCs with the HN series. even in case we got 2W from NJR as an example it will not work. am I right?

is there any arrangement should be done before using higher BUCs than 2W from other supplier?

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Aug 9th, 2009 at 7:49pm  
If you provide me with a bonafide email address, I'll send to you the Hughes documentation from which I derived the above power adapter vs modem information

//greg//

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Aug 10th, 2009 at 8:19am  
please find below the email: abdoulla.elgazzar@alkancit.com

thank you.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Aug 10th, 2009 at 12:56pm  
email with attachments sent

//greg//

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Oct 1st, 2009 at 10:35am  
Could you also send me the document at: nmuttai@commcarrier.com

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Oct 1st, 2009 at 12:52pm  
Hi BW here

You cant integrate any 7000 to my knowledge without using teh Hughes 2 watt Radio, w ehave a HX200 that works with all BUcs but you would need to susbcribe to our service , if you need to know more you can contact us

Anthony@bentleywalker.com

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Oct 1st, 2009 at 1:05pm  
Quote:
Could you also send me the document at: nmuttai@commcarrier.com

Copies of two emails previously sent to Alkan CIT are now on the way to that address

//greg//

IP Logged

Pages: 1