Satellite Internet

Satellite Internet Forum.

Welcome, Guest.
Welcome to this satellite broadband discussion forum. Wherever you are and whatever your problem we are here to help each other. Connecting to the internet via satellite is not always easy but is critically important to those in remote places or with poor terrestrial infrastructure. Both service providers and customers are encouraged to contribute. If you are showing as 'Guest', please register at the bottom of this home page if you wish to contribute or ask question. May 2018: GDPR: Updates to Privacy and Cookies policies: As you may know, a new EU data protection law called GDPR will apply from Friday 25th May 2018. As part of satsig's commitment to protecting the privacy of site visitors and forum members, I have therefore updated the Privacy and Cookie policies. There are now links leading to these policies: Disclaimer, Terms of Use and Privacy, Forum User Agreement, Forum Rules and Cookies at the bottom of the home page and all forum pages. Read the Forum rules.
      Satellite internet forum          
Pages: 1

Creative Mounting for 1.8m +

(Read 3014 times)
wbailey
Ex Member

Aug 29th, 2009 at 11:52pm  
Has anyone ever mounted a 1.8m+ dish on the side of a building ?? I've been looking all over for a really sturdy mount I could put on the side of building. There has got to be something out there for under eave mounting for larger dish sizes??

Anyone have anything I could check out?

Much appreciated

//warren

IP Logged

TDMAMike
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Aug 30th, 2009 at 2:20am  
If it is out there, Eric (the admin) probably knows of it.  If not, then you may need to consider fabricating something.  I am fairly certain that someone can build you something fairly reasonable (price).

IP Logged

wbailey
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Aug 30th, 2009 at 8:05am  
Yeah.. I'm kind of interested in something pre-built. Wind loading off a 1.8m could be a concern, but it just amazes me there's nothing out there for larger dish mounting. I realize the kind of design considerations that need to be taken into account, but I'm tired of having to put in non pen mounts for 1.8+ - takes up a lot of real estate.

IP Logged

Oasis Networks
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Aug 30th, 2009 at 8:59am  
Hi,

There are wall mounts for 1.8m dishes and even for 2.4m dishes. You can take a look at baird web page, if Im not mistaken they have couple of wall-mounted solutions.

HOWEVER, windload and weight of the system should be concerned by a qualified civil engineer, after revising the structure (structure plans plus the actual condition on site). NOBODY WANT A MOUNT WITH ITS DISH FALLING DOWN TO THE STREET WHILE CARRYING WITH IT PARTS OF THE WALL...

NPRM and wallmount are not the only options, a penetrating mount could be a better solution at times.

Anyway, we are all high-tech oriented people, and some of us might forget the "Low-tech" aspects which are more basic and more important - whatever we do, safety should be our first concern!

IP Logged

Agor
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Sep 25th, 2009 at 12:27pm  
Prodelin offers the following for 1.8m antenna:
Universal Mast for Series 1183, 1184, 1185 and 1186 antennas.
Part No.  0800-095

IP Logged

Pages: 1