Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

iMonitor ..

(Read 6252 times)
wbailey
★★★

Sep 27th, 2009 at 12:34am  
Is it possible to use a sql injection to reset a modem instead of using the Probe in iMonitor. I am unsure as to how exactly iMonitor routes data from the application to the NMS and into the PP's. I am having a problem with a few remotes where they will lockup and need to be reset (no tcp/udp communications at all) and the probe seems to be working for that.

Does anyone know exactly how iMonitor is talking to the NMS?

Is it possible to insert a sql value into the database instead of having to login and send the reset via the probe?

If this is the case, and it is possible - will the SNMPProxy relay that information without actually writing the database?

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Sep 27th, 2009 at 2:00am  
W,

I would be curious as to why the remote is locking up to start with.  That is very odd. FWIW, the probe reset is a reset issued thru the PPs. I am pretty sure that is why you are successful with it, vice the "usual" way of resetting via TCP and UDP (in iBuilder). 

As for your SQL question, I am not certain if what you describe is possible.  Granted, I have never had an issue along the lines that you have either.  Need to ask, are you using any ACLs on your upstream router that could be denying any specific ports? 

I am very curious as to why your remotes are locking up.  Is there anyone on your sites that can provide situational awareness via telnet?  I wonder if it is duty cycle, or possibly session related.  I would love to see what kind of messages are coming from those boxes at the time the issue is observed (tx queue saturations, cpu duty cycles abnormally high, etc).  Something isnt right about that.    Have you tried re-loading the BSP and image (pkg) on them?   I would be curious if doing so would resolve your issue. 

M

IP Logged

dot
★★★

Reply #2 - Sep 27th, 2009 at 11:45am  
I'd bet it is related to TCP sessions. I have seen similar issues caused by Skype and other session-based peer-to-peer clients. My suggestion is to fix the cause rather than to reset the sites continuously.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Sep 27th, 2009 at 1:18pm  
Agreed.  The box may simply be "exhausted"....possibly due to exceeding or bouncing off the pps threshold for the unit. Is Skype session based?  I would think it would be RTP or UDP. I have never used it or sniffed it, so I dont know what it looks like.  I would assume it uses tcp for setup, and rolls over to RTP/UDP once the video starts flowing.

W, are these 3000, 5000, or 7000 series remotes?

IP Logged

dot
★★★

Reply #4 - Sep 27th, 2009 at 5:56pm  
Skype can be installed or configured to be a supernode. This makes it proxy sessions for other people. The option isn't explained very well and it was turned on by default in a prior release.

IP Logged

wbailey
★★★

Reply #5 - Sep 30th, 2009 at 6:45am  
These are 3100 remotes, which are being polled one time every 10 minutes - for a single camera image. I am nearly POSITIVE it is not sessions (since they are tftping each time once) .. plus we set out max sessions by custom to like 2000.

The funny thing is, this is only happening on 2 sites. Though I did find out today that there is a possibility of UHF radios being used in the area, so I'm thinking I'm getting some kind of L Band interference.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Sep 30th, 2009 at 12:52pm  
Would be curious if the remote is non-responsive via telnet/ssh when in the state you describe.  Curious if the processor is responsive or not.  If it is, then Lband interference is a possibility.

IP Logged

wbailey
★★★

Reply #7 - Oct 1st, 2009 at 4:15am  
Hey Mike..

Nothing on the remote is alive.. at all. As much as we can tell anyways. Telnet/SSH doesnt' work at all - all TCP/UDP traffic is DOA both ways, except probe reset. iDirect seems to think the probe is layer 2, which actually kind of makes sense (last resort type of probe)

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Oct 1st, 2009 at 11:52am  
W,

Is a user able to console into it locally?  Any functionality on that subnet whatsoever (TCP/IP w/ a cat5 connected client?)?  Just curious what someone locally might observe.  Trying to determine if the software, or falcon is possibly locking up, or if the cpu is simply being overwhelmed.  If console and falcon were available (locally), I would start looking hard at those download monitor credentials.  Esp if the IP tables in the PP (SAROUTER;) are telling you that remote is alive and well (eth0 and Sat0).  
« Last Edit: Oct 3rd, 2009 at 12:23pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Nov 15th, 2010 at 4:44am  
Hi, Mike
how can I have Imonitor Users guide

regards
rolin

IP Logged

Saif Musa
★★

Reply #10 - Nov 18th, 2010 at 4:20pm  
Anyone needs iMonitor userguide just send me MSG on (saif.musa@ymail.com) asking for the guide. I will replay to it.

saif.musa@ymail.com&&it.vsat@oil.gov.iq&&system engineer

IP Logged

Pages: 1