Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

First Tooway Ku band install

(Read 4095 times)
resco
★★

Dec 15th, 2009 at 8:22pm  
Done one of these today ,have only ever done Ku in Scotland before .Site is Keith N57:31 W2:55.Signal not that great but weather not that good either
Eurobird 3 this far north is not the easiest to find,dish elevation looks weird,but customer working.

...  ...

Will send photos to Eric,hope he can put them on here - done.

Also added this map above
Ref: Dish pointing UK, England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland  Best regards, Eric.
« Last Edit: Jan 22nd, 2010 at 3:29pm by Admin1 »  
IP Logged

Broadband-Algarve
★★★

Algarve
Reply #1 - Dec 17th, 2009 at 3:01pm  
Well done with your install!!  The weather does look pretty mucky up there.

Ku Band seems to work better is bad weather than Ka does.  We've had pretty foul weather down here the last few days and Ku has stayed on for longer periods.  Ka was very unstable in heavy cloud and rain.

Hope the weather improves soon.  I hear today that most of the UK is expecting snow, even London had some yesterday, so maybe a white Christmas this year.

There are also some install picts on our website which you might like to look at.  Some difficult installs in very mountainous regions are also shown.  The elevations do look a bit weird but it works.  Details are always taken from Eric's website and then we peak up from there.  You could try peaking up the signal quality when the weather has subsided - may find you get an improvement.

Once again congrats!!

Stephanie, Broadband Algarve.
« Last Edit: Feb 21st, 2015 at 12:18pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

europe-satellite.com
★★★

London UK
Reply #2 - Dec 17th, 2009 at 3:56pm  
resco wrote
Quote:
Done one of these today ,have only ever done Ka in Scotland before .Site is Keith N57:31 W2:55.Signal not that great but weather not that good either
Eurobird 3 this far north is not the easiest to find,dish elevation looks weird, but customer working
Will send photos to Eric, hope he can put them on here

It seems you are close to Keith. Look at our install in Cap de Creus today (NE Spain) or the one we did two weeks ago in Marbella (S Spain).

Cap de Creus, Channel Master dish.

Marbella, original Ku dish.

Our elevation is about 32, I think yours should be close to 17/18. I have send some pointing info by mail to you.

I will send you the requested HEX file for EB3a by email.
« Last Edit: Feb 21st, 2015 at 12:19pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1