Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

iDirect 3100 Problem (Urgent)

(Read 2072 times)
Abdul Wassay
★★

Jan 6th, 2010 at 5:42am  
Dear All,
I need help regarding an iDirect modem which has a problem, the problem is that LNB LED on the back side of the modem is remained red in color, I carried out the recovery procedure, still the problem remained unsolved. Is there any way to resolve this issue?. Is it a hardware problem?

PS: Modem is out of order and cannot be used.

I need your urgent reply.

Cheers,
Abdul

Email: m.latife9@gmail.com&&Cell: +93 799 803 002, +93 786 803 002&&Kabul, Afg
WWW | YIM  
IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Jan 6th, 2010 at 11:20am  
Yes, it is quite possibly a hardware problem.  Take a look at your options file and ensure that DC Bias is enabled:  odu_rx_dc_power = 1

If it is enabled (1) then it is likely that your modem is not providing the needed voltage (dc) to power the LNB and with therefore need to be RMAed and/or replaced.

IP Logged

COTMjohn
★★

Phoenix AZ or Rapid City SD US
Reply #2 - Jan 6th, 2010 at 2:46pm  
If the red light is ON, at the back of the modem next to the RX/LNB connector then it is likely that you have a short circuit, bad cable, dead LNB, or damaged connector.  Please try removing the cable from the modem and power cycling the modem.  This will reset the over current protection circuit.  If the light turns green, then proceed to reconnect cable and LNB until resolved.

This problem is most often caused by temporarily disconnecting the cable to insert a Spectrum Analyzer or BirDog meter to point the dish and then touching the center connector to ground briefly when re-assembling.  I wish the light was on the front where it would jump out at you when this happens.

John

IP Logged

Pages: 1