Happy Christmas to you all.
Satellite Internet home page

Satellite Internet Forum.

Welcome, Guest.
Welcome to this satellite broadband discussion forum. Wherever you are and whatever your problem we are here to help each other. Connecting to the internet via satellite is not always easy but is critically important to those in remote places or with poor terrestrial infrastructure. Both service providers and customers are encouraged to contribute. Register at the bottom of the forum home page if you wish to contribute or ask question. May 2018: GDPR: Updates to Privacy and Cookies policies: As you may know, a new EU data protection law called GDPR will apply from Friday 25th May 2018. As part of satsig's commitment to protecting the privacy of site visitors and forum members, I have therefore updated the Privacy and Cookie policies. There are now links leading to these policies: Disclaimer, Terms of Use and Privacy, Forum User Agreement, Forum Rules and Cookies at the bottom of the home page and all forum pages. Read the Forum rules.
      Satellite internet forum          
Pages: 1

Exp SAT Engineer from AUSTRALIA looking for a job

(Read 2840 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Feb 23rd, 2010 at 6:13am  
15 Yrs Experience Satellite Engineer based in Sydney, AUSTRALIA looking for job

I have over 25 years of continuous experience in the Information Technology & Telecommunications industry out of which 15 years is pure Satellite Engineering experience.

PLATFORM: C, Ku & Ka Band Satellites, IP Broadband Satellites (Spot & Shaped Beams), DVB (S & S2)Broadcast Satellites

RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage day-to-day functioning of Four Earth Stations (3 Australia & 1 New Zealand.
- Lead and manage a multi-disciplinary Satellite Earth Station - Ground Segment engineering team in the Design, Development, Integration, Test and Operations Support of the Ground Terminals subsystems, IF/RF Equipments, HeadEnd Maintenance & Operations.
- IF/RF & HeadEnd Infrastructure - Maintenance & Schedules
- Routing & Switching Equipments
- Manage Backhaul networks/ links from teleports to POP sites
- Resources & Capacity Planning
- Link Budget Analysis
- GSM Backhauling
- Video Encoding & Encryption Systems
- Satellite Application Design & Development like Interactive Distance learning
- Deploy value added services like Video (IPTV, VoD, Streaming), VoIP.
- Develop Interception Plans for Law Enforcement Agencies
- Product development of Satellite Terminals/ Modems
- Frequency planning & coordination, Licensing management

TECHNICAL SKILLS:
Cisco 7000 Series Routers, Multi-Layer Switches, SA Interface Translators & Telco Interface Units, STAR Receivers, TOLL Transmitters, Radio Resource Manager, Satellite User Terminal & Gateways, High Power Amplifiers (HPA), Block Upconverters (BUC), L-Band Upconverter (LUC), LNA, BDC, LDA, TCP Accelerator,
Gateway Upconverter Module, DRM, Conditional Access, DVB-S, DVB-S2, MPEG2, MPEG4, H.264, IP Multicast, Encoders, Minerva, SWIF, DVB-ASI, Helix Universal
Server, Real Streaming server etc., Multicast File Delivery, Webcast, Newscast, IP Multicast/ Video Streaming, Helius Satellite Router, Satellite Gateway & User Terminal, Cisco Control Engine Bandwidth Manager etc

I have a 7 page CV and don’t want to be copying and pasting it all here on this forum. Detailed resume is available upon request from vk2ipd@hotmail.com.

I am willing to relocate anywhere. For US, I am eligible for an E-3 Visa which I believe is available in a week’s time and will permit me to work there indefinitely. Will also consider short term projects or consultancy.

IP Logged

Pages: 1