Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Are KA users being cheated?

(Read 2913 times)
tortella
★★

Mar 14th, 2010 at 8:33pm  
Hi,

As a KA user I feel cheated that I pay the same as a KU user but I get only half the quota. For example if you spend 35 euros you get 1.2gb on KA while this same amount would get you 2.4gb if you had a KU dish. How can this be justified by sellers / tooway or whoever is involved in pricing structures and packages? Are there other KA users out there feeling cheated also?

Thanks,

tortella

IP Logged

europe-satellite.com
★★★

London UK
Reply #1 - Mar 15th, 2010 at 11:32am  
Every system has is own bandwidth specifications and price levels. Tooway Ku and Ka are different systems and besides the name 'Tooway' they do not have anything in common.

Send an email to Eutelsat, they control the bandwidth https://www.eutelsat.com/

Please post any reply from Eutelsat on this forum.

Tooway
We have a special Tooway Ku offer, complete system for only euro 325,00 + tax.
« Last Edit: Feb 27th, 2015 at 1:44pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Broadband-Algarve
★★★

Algarve
Reply #2 - Mar 15th, 2010 at 12:29pm  
I do hear rumours that Ka quotas are to be increased to match those of Ku.  How true these rumours are I don't know.  Watch this space....

Your other option is to buy a new dish and modem and swap over to Ku to get the increased quotas.  If you have a modem with BW they should be able to swap it over for you.  They have with one of our customers.

However bear in mind that the new KA Sat to be launched end of this year is on Ka band so your existing equipment could be more future-proofed for this than swapping over to Ku.   Just a thought as no-one really knows what equipment will be needed, quotas allowed etc etc.

IP Logged

tortella
★★

Reply #3 - Mar 15th, 2010 at 2:31pm  
I hope those rumours are true BA. Obviously after forking out 600+ euros less than 6 months ago doesn't sit well with buying more equipment again. europe-satellite KA and KU are one of the same thing. Data is data, the internet is the internet, matter how big or small the dish is. Try thinking from a consumer perspective rather than a seller perspective.

IP Logged

europe-satellite.com
★★★

London UK
Reply #4 - Mar 15th, 2010 at 2:41pm  
Dear Mr. Lucey,

We always try to think of BOTH ways, consumer AND seller. We believe both parties in a commercial transaction should be happy !

"Data is data, the internet is the internet"
Above statement is a bit to simple in 2010 (especially from you as an IT engineer), systems are very complicated and different, different satellites, different protocols, different investments etc. etc. etc.

Beside technology they are also financial reasons, what about initial costs and depreciation of a satellite, $$ has to be made in about 15 years.

There is much more involved between the satellite in space and your final bandwidth invoice !

Visit Wikipedia for more info about Ka and Ku.

"Are KA users being cheated?"
I think above subject is a little bit misleading (short-sighted) and leaves readers with the wrong impression.
Maybe you should change it in "Why is Ku bandwidth volume 2x Ka for the same price" A posting like this is I think more useful and gives you maybe an answer on your question.

I am not a fan or promotor of satellite companies but I think you should aproach a subject like this a bit more careful in the future.
« Last Edit: Feb 27th, 2015 at 1:44pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1