Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

HX5O PROBLEMS

(Read 8498 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

May 24th, 2010 at 7:21am  
We are having major service reliability problems with our HX50 system with a 1.2m dish, 2W BUC.  Support ticket has been open with the provider now for at least 6 weeks with service seeming to continue degrading rather than getting better. 
At the supplier's request we have repointed the dish which remains at the original condition of 88 to 91.  We have sent photos of the installation and they confirm that the installation appears to be correct with an unobstructed view of the satellite. They say that the tx strength is good (no numbers) and comparable with other systems in the area. 
Our physical location is 12"06 25 and 15"02 50 in southern Chad.
Problems include frequent, at least 80% of the time we try to access any page:
'Failure to connect to Web Server'
'Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage'
'Web Acceleration client Error (509.3) - Upstream TCP Receive Failure (Bypass Proxy Server)
'Web Acceleration Client Error (535) - Promise URL Expired'
'Web Acceleration Client Error (504) - Suspected Satellite Link Outage'
When we do get to a web page, extremely slow loading.  Clicking on a link within a webpage usually results in one of the above messages or the web page not completely loading, showing placeholders etc.  We use webmail client for our company communications, and once we get beyond the opening signin page, clicking on a link to download an attachment usually requires multiple refresh activity, or complete failure.  Trying to access the address book and attach a document to send out is almost impossible to complete successfully.

Ping -t tests at times show very frequent 'request timeout' with numbers ranging from high 800's all the way up to whatever the timeout threshold is.  Other times numbers seem quite consistent in the high 800's low 900's.  Running online speed tests such as speedtest.net usually results in a 'latency test error' message.

Supplier claims that ping test to the NOC is good.

Looking for help..........

IP Logged

Admin1
YaBB Admin
★★★★★

Reply #1 - May 24th, 2010 at 8:56am  
Please tell me here or by email eric@satsig.net the site ID or serial number of your modem so I can chase with BW.

My initial thoughts are BUC cable connector problem but it is best to test from the hub first with BW help.

Best regards, Eric.

IP Logged

James-BW
★★★

Reply #2 - May 24th, 2010 at 9:44am  
Good morning,

We are working extensively on this issue as you know and during the time the ticket has been open we have resolved a number of issues with the help of your local technicians including antenna peaking and a poor termination on one of the cables.

I am working with our administrator to determine the cause of your outstanding packet loss reports and rest assured we will do whatever is required to resolve the issue.

Please continue to liaise with BW via the ticket, I will be following up today with a report on our progress and a way forward.

Regards,

James - Bentley Walker

www.freedomsat.com a high-speed Satellite Internet solution that delivers fast and reliable internet to difficult to connect spots around the world.
IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #3 - May 24th, 2010 at 10:28pm  
BUC cable termination was good, clean etc.  LNB connection had some oxidation.  Both were re-terminated prior to attempting to make improvements with the dish pointing.  No improvement or noticeable change from our end.  All of the above was done over a week ago.  The past 3-4 days were the worst.  This afternoon (24 May) system is working better, albeit still quite slow and only rare error screens.  Ping has improved by having less frequent 'request timed out', but still some reported on a frequency of about 1 for every 30-40 pings.  Web pages such as drudgereport.com will take 50 to 60 sec to load.....actually just tried it again and 2 min has past and still not loaded.  
« Last Edit: Jan 30th, 2017 at 7:28pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Duggie264
★★

Reply #4 - Apr 9th, 2011 at 5:06pm  
Hi,
    I am having similar problems, did you ever get a resolution to your problem?

IP Logged

James-BW
★★★

Reply #5 - Apr 11th, 2011 at 8:52am  
Good morning sir,

I have emailed you for details of the issues you are facing and await your feedback.

Regards,

James - Bentley Walker Ltd

www.freedomsat.com a high-speed Satellite Internet solution that delivers fast and reliable internet to difficult to connect spots around the world.
IP Logged

Duggie264
★★

Reply #6 - Apr 11th, 2011 at 1:51pm  
Hi James, I have replied Smiley

IP Logged

Montourage
★★

Reply #7 - Apr 25th, 2011 at 6:12pm  
Having the same issues here.  The biggest complaint on my network is that VOIP isn't working, Skype.  Getting Web Acceleration errors.  Internet is running very inconsistently with speed, huge valleys with only intermittent peaks of the speed it should run at.  Constantly resetting modem so that certain programs will work.  It's cost me many clients over the past six months.

IP Logged

Pages: 1