Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

How to implement iSCPC on iDirect 5100

(Read 3004 times)
desert
★★

Jun 10th, 2010 at 4:42am  
I want install 30 sites using iSCPC solution.
When using iSCPC need iDirect 5100 router each site and Teleport side also ?

Please share me how to do this.

Thanks,
« Last Edit: Aug 26th, 2016 at 12:51pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Jun 10th, 2010 at 11:54am  
Yes, you will need a minimum of a router on each remote site, and depending on what iDS/IDX you are using, you will need line card or satellite router at the hub side.  The setup in the software is pretty straightforward.  Just ensure you get iDirect's that are capable of iSCPC.  (as you mentioned the 5000 series in your post).

With that many sites, why are you going iSCPC and not TDMA star topology? Are you looking for dedicated BW?  Lack a Hub infrastructure?

IP Logged

desert
★★

Reply #2 - Jun 11th, 2010 at 3:35am  
I'm new in VSAT, installing iDirect 3000 routers in clients from satellite ISP.
I need connect some customers connect locally by VSAT.
We not have HUB at my side, and our sites need to locally connect.
iSCPC hardware solution is cheaper ? I never use iSCPC
How about use TDMA star topology, hardware equipments connect about 30 sites ?
We need dedicated connections sites.

Thanks,

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #3 - Jun 14th, 2010 at 11:34am  
Quote:
I'm new in VSAT, installing iDirect 3000 routers in clients from satellite ISP.
I need connect some customers connect locally by VSAT.
We not have HUB at my side, and our sites need to locally connect.

It should be possible now for one site to communicate with another site, via the teleport hub. Check with your service provider.  There will be delay due to the double satellite hop. Try hard to put up with this as the mesh alternative is expensive and complicated.

Quote:
iSCPC hardware solution is cheaper ? I never use iSCPC

The star hub TDMA solution will be cheaper if the communications are only for a short time each day.  If you really want dedicated mesh connection, with direct site to site connections, it will be expensive.

Quote:
How about use TDMA star topology, hardware equipments connect about 30 sites ?

I think that is what you have now.

Quote:
We need dedicated connections sites.

In theory, if you need dedicated connections between say 30 sites then each site needs 1 transmit modem and 29 receive modems, all SCPC.  Very expensive and needs 30 carriers on the satellite.  You also need own beam to own beam transponder connectivity so you can see your own transmissions.

If the need is for intermittent phone calls from site to site consider Comtech CDM-570 plus dual or quad demods (CDD-562 or CDD-564) at each site.  Each site might then make up to 3 or 5 simultaneous calls direct to other sites. This is called demand assigned multiple access or DAMA.  Takes about 2 seconds to set up a call with Vipersat management software. If a site has simultaneous phone calls with many sites then that site might have more quad demods. Equip each site according to the max number of calls to different sites.

I don't know if iDirect iSCPC can be configured to provide a DAMA system, for intermittent phone calls between sites (mesh mode).

Best regards, Eric.

IP Logged

Pages: 1