Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

sattelite internet over asia  ph, in, ml, th

(Read 3117 times)
esteunvork
★★

Nov 29th, 2010 at 1:22am  
hi eveyone! here is my first topic on this helpful forum as well as my first contact with anything related to sattelite internet.
so i suppose that my questions will sound newbish. ok so here it is

i'm looking forward to obtain a satellite broadband connection because i'll be travelling over to Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand with my laptop. I don't need any super fast bandwidth connection and no more than 5gb per month. also i'm looking for the litghtest way to carry everything required for such satellite connection.

please let me know where should i start looking and look forward to receive your opinions on advantages and disadvantages concerning my inquiry, if any

Thanks much!

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #1 - Nov 29th, 2010 at 12:26pm  
Start looking here: https://www.satsig.net/ivsat-asia.htm
VSAT service involves an accurately pointed satellite dish which takes some skill, time and space to set up.  

You may find that terrestrial alternatives to satellites are satisfactory if you are in towns. Consider internet cafes, hotels and cell phone internet access.

If you are very mobile in remote places consider Inmarsat BGAN.   The BGAN antenna is quite small with a broad beam so easily pointed, but cost per Mbyte quite high.
wxw
Best regards, Eric.

IP Logged

esteunvork
★★

Reply #2 - Nov 29th, 2010 at 5:11pm  
thank you much Eric

IP Logged

Pages: 1