Home page of Satellite Internet and Information

Satellite Internet Forum.

Welcome, Guest.
Welcome to this satellite broadband discussion forum. Wherever you are and whatever your problem we are here to help each other. Connecting to the internet via satellite is not always easy but is critically important to those in remote places or with poor terrestrial infrastructure. Both service providers and customers are encouraged to contribute. Register at the bottom of the forum home page if you wish to contribute or ask question. Read the Forum rules.
      Satellite Internet Forum : Home Page          
Pages: 1

mismatch in the model no.

(Read 1141 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Dec 5th, 2010 at 4:04am  
Hi everybody,

I have one problem which needs to be sorted out as soon as possible.

I once used an option file to configure a 3100 series idirect modem, the option file had a model number as 5100, when i inserted the option file and reset the modem, it did get locked.

Am now stuck, How can I overcome this problem? I am using the windows platofrm.

Please help me out of this as soon as possible.

Thanking you in advance.

With Best Regards,

Sushil Pandey

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Dec 15th, 2010 at 3:46pm  
Follow the steps

1. Connect to your box via console and run your hyperterminal on your PC/laptop.
2. You will ask to insert the username & password, the default are iDirect login : root, password : iDirect.
3. To prevent your box reset you need to stop the falcon monitor service using this command : service idirect_falcon stop.
4. Now change your directory to /etc/idirect/falcon using this command : cd /etc/idirect/falcon, you will see the OPT file falcon.opt on this directory by this command : ls -l.
5. Your next step is delete this file using this command : rm falcon.opt.
6. Open your new OPT file from your provider using notepad, copy all content on this file.
7. Back to your hyperterminal then put this command : cat > falcon.opt, then press enter, next paste and press ^D.
8. Now your box has new OPT file, then restart your box. login using default username & passowrd.
9. When you already in, put this command : telnet 0, if you are success update your OPT, you’ll asking to login again, the default user & pass are : user : admin; pass : P@55w0rd!. If doesn’t work, ask to your provider what the user & pass are ?.

Regards,

Jawad Malik
Email: jawadg@hotmail.com

IP Logged

Pages: 1