Happy Christmas to you all.
Satellite Internet home page

Satellite Internet Forum.

Welcome, Guest.
Welcome to this satellite broadband discussion forum. Wherever you are and whatever your problem we are here to help each other. Connecting to the internet via satellite is not always easy but is critically important to those in remote places or with poor terrestrial infrastructure. Both service providers and customers are encouraged to contribute. Register at the bottom of the forum home page if you wish to contribute or ask question. May 2018: GDPR: Updates to Privacy and Cookies policies: As you may know, a new EU data protection law called GDPR will apply from Friday 25th May 2018. As part of satsig's commitment to protecting the privacy of site visitors and forum members, I have therefore updated the Privacy and Cookie policies. There are now links leading to these policies: Disclaimer, Terms of Use and Privacy, Forum User Agreement, Forum Rules and Cookies at the bottom of the home page and all forum pages. Read the Forum rules.
      Satellite internet forum          
Pages: 1

I need to look like I'm in Brazil

(Read 2730 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Dec 11th, 2010 at 2:00pm  
Hi, I live in the USA, and I have Wildblue Satellite.

I play an online game called "Pangya" owned by SGI. On Dec 8th, SGI separated the Brazilian server from the US server. I have many Brazilian friends whom I play with and chat with. I even belong to a BR guild. Since Dec 8th, I have been blocked from the BR server. All Brazilians have been blocked from the US server. It's like the Berlin Wall!

I need to change my IP from USA to Brazil. It has to be Brazil. I tried using a Brazil Proxy IP (189.44.66.95 port 80), and websites like checkmyip.com confirm that I am in Brazil, but the Pangya servers still send me to the US side of the Wall. I think it's because  cmd > ipconfirm  still reads Wildblue US.

I heard that one Brazilian player used something called a vpn (a program called Hotspot -?) to go to the US server, so I know it can be done. I hope I can do the same thing with Wildblue, only I want to go to the BR server, but I don't know how.

Please help me, the Brazilians are my friends. I love them and they love me.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Dec 11th, 2010 at 2:18pm  
Your friend is on the right track. Google for VPN provider that can provide Brazilian IPs. E.g.:

url=https://www.intl-alliance.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1...
http://www.widevpn.com

Buy any Brazil-based VPN service, follow the instructions to establish the VPN connection and then you should appear as a user from Brazil.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 2:19pm  
Thank you for your advice. I now subscribe to OverPlay.net.

It worked! The game sends me to the Brazil server.

I am very happy and struggling to learn portugues!

Chris

IP Logged

Pages: 1