Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

HX50 Hughes set up in Iraq W7

(Read 4870 times)
kkaigle
★★

Jan 3rd, 2011 at 6:51pm  
I am currently at Camp Taji trying to get my Hughes HX50 all set up. I have everything pretty much set on my end except for the modem parameters.

It appears that the modem was set to lock on to W3A which is the incorrect satellite for our use. I need to get the freq and parameters for 36 east W7 owned by BW. I cannot for the life of me get the numbers i need for this satellite. I am contacting the comapny, but because of the time difference between here, then to Michigan, and then from then to Europe to BW i am having huge issues. I didnt know if anyone else knows the proper numbers to punch in there for this system. I know a lot of people here are running BW and Wafa but i have no seen anything for the Hughes side of the house. Im currrently pointed at 191 AZ and about 50 EL. havent fine tuned my polarization yet, but i am peaked at 29 currently as i have been for the past 2 days.
« Last Edit: Apr 4th, 2011 at 8:42am by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

USN - Retired
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Kentucky (USA)
Reply #1 - Jan 4th, 2011 at 4:35am  
Hughes is the hardware provider, they have nothing to do with the parameters over there. You've got to contact a service provider (like BW or WAFA) and purchase a subscription plan. They then provide the parameters to put into the hardware, and ultimately - the service.

//greg//

USN (Ret)

IP Logged

Samir-BW
★★

Reply #2 - Jan 4th, 2011 at 10:29am  
Firstly we need to confirm what satellite the modem is configured to. We can then send you the correct parameters for your modem.

Can you contact Bentley Walker Support on support@bentleywalker.com or Call +44 (0) 23 9231 1118

Please provide us with your ESN number which can be found on the back of the modem.

IP Logged

kkaigle
★★

Reply #3 - Jan 7th, 2011 at 5:30pm  
I'm now locked on a satellite at about 80%. Working on that to tweak it. I am continuing with the commision however. Everything seems good before it connects, all codes are good. It automatically downloads the software for the modem. However, after it resets it will not pickup a signal from the satellite at all, it drops down to 15% and the rx and tx both have dropped off completely.
« Last Edit: Jan 8th, 2011 at 8:16pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

USN - Retired
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Kentucky (USA)
Reply #4 - Jan 7th, 2011 at 5:59pm  
That means after the modem came back up after the post-download restart, the original satellite parameters you set in have been changed. Either they weren't saved before the download, or something in the download changed them. Get with BW to identify the file. If you did properly save the original satellite parameters, then it sounds like the server subsequently sent out the wrong file

//greg//

USN (Ret)

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #5 - Jan 7th, 2011 at 6:31pm  
Tell Bentley Walker what type LNB you have.  The LNB is the smaller module at the antenna.  If you have the new Hughes universal LNB, PN 1501882-0002, it is possible that the downloaded configuration has switched your LNB to the other part of the Ku band band.   If this is the problem, the type of LNB in the pull down menu and the 22kHz tone off/on state is relevant. A correct SBC.cfg file is needed.

Are there any differences between the config screen prior to commissioning (with the data typed in from your config sheet) compared with the config screen after the commissioning ?
wxw
Best regards, Eric.
« Last Edit: Jan 8th, 2011 at 8:23pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

kkaigle
★★

Reply #6 - Jan 8th, 2011 at 2:05pm  
there is a difference now, because i go back to the parameters and when i look at the reciever type, it doesnt allow me to select the universal. I can drop down the menu, select it. i hit save and it does not save that type of lnb. it appears thats the only issue, every other parameter is holding.

IP Logged

USN - Retired
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Kentucky (USA)
Reply #7 - Jan 8th, 2011 at 2:35pm  
Ah. It appears that your SBC download may have contained the wrong config file. Although having said that, I've never known it to actually contain that file. But anyway, that file is where the options come from that are contained within the Setup dropdowns - including LNB type. Unfortunately - as far as I know anyway - there's no way to determine which config file version your modem's currently using. If you received one as part of your setup package, it will have a name something like SBCxxxxx.cfg If not, you'll need to get a current copy from BW.

They're often received in compressed form, so you may have to unzip it first. It can be viewed with NotePad, and you're looking near the bottom for LNB types. Make sure the file has what you're looking for, or it's not worth installing. Then open your modem interface and look under Registration/Setup/Config File Upload. Tell it where the file is located on your computer.

//greg//

USN (Ret)

IP Logged

A.Walker
★★★

Reply #8 - Jan 8th, 2011 at 2:38pm  
Dear Sir

This is BW we know what your issue is and that is that the modem is from ABCO sat and it is defaulting to a later version of HX software as the modem was supplied direct from the USA and not from us , Paul Phillips here has a fix for this and he is sending you an email with the resolution

A Walker

IP Logged

kkaigle
★★

Reply #9 - Jan 8th, 2011 at 3:55pm  
thanks!
« Last Edit: Jan 8th, 2011 at 8:15pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1