Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Tooway on Atlantic bird 1 (AB1) @ 12.5W

(Read 4621 times)
dazzer1974
★★

Jan 18th, 2011 at 5:09pm  
Hi Guys,

Ive got an install to do using the new tooway network opened up on Atlantic bird1 (AB1), I have looked at the online calculators to get the compass bearing for this satellite and keep getting errors, doe's anybody have this to hand? also my horizon sat meter that I use for eurobird 3 will need the new sat info and i've been on horizons site and found 2 files for it (H/V) is this ok to use for this network or will I need a pacific HEX file to get the 10G like eurobird.

Thanks

Darren

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Reply #1 - Jan 18th, 2011 at 5:23pm  
Use this: Tooway dish pointing.  The azimuth magnetic compass direction is approximate and will be affected by local steelwork anyway. The blue azimuth line might be more helpful, as you can compare it with nearby building wall etc.

If the polarisation adjustment is positive, adjust the feed system clockwise as viewed facing towards the satellite in the sky. Start with the RX set to true horizontal or vertical as you should be told by the service provider for this new service.

If you use a HEX file in your satmeter make sure the person making the file knows what is your LNB local oscillator frequency. The meter is an L band device.

wxw
Best regards, Eric

IP Logged

dazzer1974
★★

Reply #2 - Jan 18th, 2011 at 5:44pm  
Hi Eric,

Thanks for the advice, Looking on that dish pointing page it's giving me a compass bearing of 197 for the UK is that right with you? I will contact Horizon REF the Hex file. Thanks for the advice

Kind regards

Darren

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Reply #3 - Jan 18th, 2011 at 6:30pm  
197 is a plausible azimuth angle for a site in the UK towards AB1 at 12.5 West.

If you don't get an answer from Horizon make sure you know of existing normal DVB-S carriers on both polarisations, and their frequencies and symbol rates. See https://www.lyngsat.com/ab1.html
Choose carriers that are within the tuning range of your LNB.
Subtract your LNB local oscillator frequency and you can program the Horizon meter manually in L band.

Test at base before visiting the customer site.

Best regards, Eric.

IP Logged

dazzer1974
★★

Reply #4 - Jan 18th, 2011 at 8:03pm  
Thanks Eric,

IP Logged

Pages: 1