Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

fine tuning satellite dish

(Read 13259 times)
mag2
★★

Jan 22nd, 2011 at 7:55pm  
Is it possible to fine tune the satellite dish using a satellite finder (available at any electronic store, mainly used for TV satellite dishes) ? It is not possible to call a xplornet tech to come and adjust with his propriety device(API). If not , any suggestions?

IP Logged

USN - Retired
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Kentucky (USA)
Reply #1 - Jan 23rd, 2011 at 4:20am  
If you're talking about a Ka-band system, yes, it's possible. As long as you don't lose the signal in the process that is. The API is ordinarily required only when setting up the system the 1st time, or when moving it from one location to another.

I'm a bit confused though. You've posed your question to a HughesNet forum, but the API is not compatible with any HughesNet hardware. It's a proprietary device used in Ka-band systems distributed by Wildblue and TeleSat. Please clarify.

//greg//

USN (Ret)

IP Logged

mag2
★★

Reply #2 - Jan 23rd, 2011 at 7:48am  
Thank you for your reply, you are correct, I made a mistake posting it on HughesNet and Hughes HX VSATS. Clicked the wrong site. I thought that I would be able to use the finder but was told yes then no by the tech. Thank you again.

IP Logged

USN - Retired
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Kentucky (USA)
Reply #3 - Jan 23rd, 2011 at 11:46am  
Define "tech" please. If you mean "tech support", the contradictory responses are not unexpected. Those call centers are manned by script readers. Some of them may never even have seen the product they're "supporting". And if the answer you seek is not evident in one of their scripts, some have been known  to get a bit  "creative". 

But if by "tech" you mean installer, I'd be curious how he explained reversing his response.

//greg//

USN (Ret)

IP Logged

Pages: 1