Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Can I watch television with Tooway ?

(Read 4074 times)
turana
★★

Feb 16th, 2011 at 3:27pm  
hi all ,
i have ask in subject . i have visit tooway webpage (faq ) and is answered as ; "Yes, Tooway™ can receive satellite television through a television feed added on to the satellite dish. The advantage of receiving satellite television is that it does not use your internet connection"
but i dont know what i need for watch television. how can i connect to sm1101 modem ? i think a splitter to rx cable , is enough ? or have for this a special box ?

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Reply #1 - Feb 16th, 2011 at 4:29pm  
I think this refers to the new Tooway antenna reflector that will  be used with the KA-SAT service, expected to start in April 2011.  The antenna has a single reflector and simple feed arm with a Ka band transmit/receive module and circular polarisation feed horn.  Since the main Ka band feed is aimed at 9 deg east orbit position an additional Ku band LNB may be attached beside the existing feed, so as to receive from Hotbird at 13 deg east orbit position.

You will need a regular Ku band LNB, LNB cable and a conventional satellite TV set top box.

There is the "possibility" of broadcast IPTV or video on demand via KA-SAT itself, intended for just small spot beam geographic areas, in which case the broadcasts might be sent as IPTV stream in the internet data service using broadcast mode IP addressing. To receive such programming you would need a IPTV set top box such as an Amino attached between the Surfbeam 2 modem ethernet output and your TV display.  

Any TV service presently available via the internet as a video stream on your PC might be receiveable via single address IP address mode but you need to be cautioned that the amount of data being transferred may quickly eat into your FAP sliding time window traffic allowances.  e.g. 60 Mbytes in 1 hour, 180 Mbytes in 4 hours, 480 Mbytes per day etc.

Best regards. Eric
« Last Edit: Feb 16th, 2011 at 6:31pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

turana
★★

Reply #2 - Feb 17th, 2011 at 6:52am  
Thank you for the reply

IP Logged

Pages: 1