Home page of Satellite Internet and Information

Satellite Internet Forum.

Welcome, Guest.
Welcome to this satellite broadband discussion forum. Wherever you are and whatever your problem we are here to help each other. Connecting to the internet via satellite is not always easy but is critically important to those in remote places or with poor terrestrial infrastructure. Both service providers and customers are encouraged to contribute. Register at the bottom of the forum home page if you wish to contribute or ask question. Read the Forum rules.
      Satellite Internet Forum : Home Page          
Pages: 1

Circular polarization feed horn

(Read 2897 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

May 2nd, 2011 at 8:42am  
Hi,

Can i use Andrew 1.8m antenna with OMT circullar polarization in mode linear polarization ?
Can remove circular polarizer and use like linear ?

Thanks,
« Last Edit: May 2nd, 2011 at 9:50am by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Admin1
YaBB Administrator

Personal text from: Profile,
Options, Top line

Reply #1 - May 2nd, 2011 at 9:47am  
You can remove the polariser and use the OMT direct to the feed. This make it a linear polarisation system, but be sure the LNB and BUC are properly supported by a bracket. Keep the polariser and the surplus screws etc in a safe place for possible future use.

Alternatively, turn the OMT deg relative to the polariser so that the pins/slots inside the polariser line up with the OMT waveguides.  You then have a linear polarisation system, the polariser won't get lost/stolen and the mechanical support arrangements remain good. You can also put it back to circular (pins/slots at 45 deg relative to the waveguides) if needed in the future.

Read more: http://www.satsig.net/pointing/circular-polarisation-set-up.htm
wxw
Best regards, Eric.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #2 - May 4th, 2011 at 1:40am  
I will try , hope this help me

Thanks,

IP Logged

Pages: 1