Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

best sat internet for Philippines

(Read 5041 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

May 23rd, 2011 at 6:44pm  
Ok I'm the new guy to the sight and I did a search and got some answers. I am moving very soon to the Philippines and my property is just outside the city of Baguio. I need good RELIABLE internet and my only choice is with a sat dish. I am looking for suggestions and of course prices. I cannot afford 1000 US dollars a month but can afford to buy the equipment if neccesary. I can afford 50 to 150 US dollars a month. I am looking to get the most bang for the buck as we say. If the dish and service come from outside the philippines thats ok and probably would be more reliable anyway.I installed many dishes in the U.S. for tv and still have my meters so I could probably install the equipment myself . So any help or suggestions are appreciated. THX

IP Logged

jdalecold
★★

Reply #1 - Aug 16th, 2011 at 5:26am  
I haven't heard of any Sat service providers in the Philippines and am quite unsure if PLDT does. Maybe you could look into providers in Australia but of course, that would be costly.

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #2 - Aug 16th, 2011 at 8:11am  
See here https://www.satsig.net/ivsat-asia.htm for details of some satellite internet service providers with Asia region beam coverages.  You need to look for beams which include your location in Indonesia.  Follow the links at the bottom of that page for more ideas.

The teleport hubs for the networks may well be in Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia etc.

See this example: https://www.satsig.net/pacific/oceanic-broadband.htm with hub in Hong Kong; Asiasat satellite; entire region coverage.
wxw
Best regards, Eric.
« Last Edit: Aug 16th, 2011 at 10:05am by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1