Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Need help setting up an I-Direct modem

(Read 2604 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Jun 7th, 2011 at 7:04am  
I do not know if this has been asked before but Ill go ahead anyway:

I need help getting into the console of the I-Direct modem for telnet. I have hyperterminal up and running but it refuses to acknowledge the presence of the modem. The dish is pointed in the right direction (at the Anik F1 @ 111.1), and the modem has been activated by telnet when they took over for Ramtele.

The steps I take are: 1. Setup dish and align.
2. Setup modem, power it up and connect to computer, using Ethernet cable from console to computer. (In process of getting an Ethernet to USB connector)
3. Load up Hyperterminal, go to open. (This is where I look for the modem but it fails to show up.)

The sat is being used as a mobile platform, and we have taken it out once but failed to connect due to the wrong lat and long in the modem. If anyone could help me get into the console of the modem, it would be greatly appreciated.

IP Logged

Saif Musa
★★

Reply #1 - Jun 7th, 2011 at 7:34am  

saif.musa@ymail.com&&it.vsat@oil.gov.iq&&system engineer

IP Logged

Scout
★★★

Reply #2 - Jun 7th, 2011 at 1:49pm  
Hey Sig,
Those install guides should help you out, but I noticed you mentioned the remote you are using is set up as mobile.

The console port for a mobile device operates at a different port speed to connect to the antenna/GPs device so you need to alter the hyperterminal settings to 4800 baud rate.

you can see if this is the issue when you power on the modem, if you have hyperterminal up and running while the modem is powered down, when you boot the modem it will start normally (you will see the boot up) then as the options file is loaded you will suddenly see the writing turn into rubbish.

this is the modem console port baud rate switching.

just something to keep an eye out for.

IP Logged

Pages: 1