Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Lat_timeout

(Read 9058 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Jun 9th, 2011 at 10:44am  
Hi all,

I have comewith a strange problem in my 3100 series router.
The remote is working fine with as the remote status in the iMonitor shows.
I got the reading as Rx-power as -27.1 dBm, Tx-power -24 dBm, Down C/N 8 dB, Up C/N 9.8 dB.

The Latency Tab shows, time-outs of the router.

The Events Tab shows as UCP!: SO(-136), FO( -7643), PO( +0.0) NID(1)

What do this terms mean?

My Router is Down as the Lat_Timeout alarm has popped out. What might be the problem and how can I overcome from this?

The site is in a remote station, I am not able to connect to the people in the remote end as there's no means of communication there, so evrything should be done through the HUB station.

Please let me know as soon as possible.

With Regards,

Sushil.

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #1 - Jun 10th, 2011 at 10:08am  
Has the Lat_Timeout alarm cleared ?

Read more in the Network Management System iMonitor User Guide.

Be cautious with transmit power adjustment not to overdrive the  BUC.  Too low level and the signal have low C/N and high error rate.  Too high level and you will have high C/N but high error rate due to signal distortion, plus causing adjacent carrier interference.

Best regards, Eric
« Last Edit: Jun 10th, 2011 at 1:25pm by Eric Johnston »  

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jun 10th, 2011 at 11:04pm  
LAT Timeout means you are up layer 2 (Rf, in this case) and you are down at Layer 3.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jun 12th, 2011 at 11:20am  
Well, I am in the HUB and am not able to adjust the power levels as the Modem is not in the n/w. Well What can I do to make it to come to the network. The Rx as well the Tx power is fine in this case. Am worried.

IP Logged

Adrian
★★

Reply #4 - Jun 12th, 2011 at 12:13pm  
Hello,

Check with iMonitor in the time past when the problem with latency showed up what happened with other parameters. I am sure you will find  more clue about this problem.

I suggest to download UDP with reset the latest option.file for this remote. Latency timeout is related by management IP of the netmodem, maybe was happened something wrong with option file.

Best regards,
Adrian

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jun 12th, 2011 at 12:14pm  
Can you retrieve an active config from the modem? Agree with Adrian...the Management IP has play in this...

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jun 13th, 2011 at 5:28am  
the DOWNSTREAM C/N and the SCPC errors existed for 2 mins. the remote got reset after that, And when it came back the warning about the latency came in alongwith the previous warnings. The latency alarm was cleared within a minute and again it started with the same and the LL was Down leaving the LAT_TIMEOUT alarm.

The modem isnt in the n/w so am not able to retrieve the active remote side configuration. The remote was running fine so I dont think there should be any problems with the option file.

Please, Clarify me as soon as possible.

With Best Regards,

Sushil.

IP Logged

★★

Reply #7 - Jun 13th, 2011 at 7:55am  
I Agree with Adrian. I think you should push an opt file with reset to that remote. LAT Time i.e. NMS Stopped receiving echo reply from remote

YIM  
IP Logged

Saif Musa
★★

Reply #8 - Jun 13th, 2011 at 8:37am  
hi...
about (latency-timeout) is<The round-trip time (RTT) to a remote and back, as measured on the NMS server, is above the defined high limit in milliseconds>

what was the status of (C/N, SCPC rx errors) when the LAT-Timeout shown. ?? the issue is more likely needs a new option file.
Try to reset HUB linecard. (telent <linecard IP>) use the command (rest borad).

hope that helps.

saif.musa@ymail.com&&it.vsat@oil.gov.iq&&system engineer

IP Logged

★★

Reply #9 - Jun 20th, 2011 at 5:38am  
I think you should cross check hub side remote configuration. i.e. IP Addresses, Serial Numbers and Geo Location.

YIM  
IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Jun 24th, 2011 at 11:50am  
the hub side configuration is fine...i deleted the earlier one n have a fresh Remote site in the HUB site...the problem seems to b in the Remote Side...

The problem is in the management IP...it has a diff. Management ip in the Modem and the HUB...

IP Logged

Pages: 1