Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Hughes dish

(Read 3459 times)
wychryder
★★

Aug 14th, 2011 at 3:09am  
Can you tell me how to take a Hughes dish and modem I own and install it so I can call them and get service? I have a clear view of the south and my site is at 7700' above sea level. But winds here get severe, over 50 m.p.h. at times.

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #1 - Aug 15th, 2011 at 9:28am  
Contact a HughesNet service provider in your country and give them full details of your equipment. Give them all of the model numbers and part numbers etc of all the outdoor and indoor units, also the antenna size and description. There are many numbers so this will take some effort but it is essential to verify if your equipment is compatible with their network.

Ask them for installation information with details of wind loading and suggested foundation arrangements. Note that any advice given will probably exclude ANY WARRANTY THAT ANY PARTICULAR DESIGN OR SIZE OF FOUNDATION IS APPROPRIATE FOR ANY LOCALITY OR EARTH STATION INSTALLATION. You also need to comply with local laws regarding earthing and safety.

A height of 7700 ft asl will not affect dish pointing.

Best regards, Eric

IP Logged

USN - Retired
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Kentucky (USA)
Reply #2 - Aug 16th, 2011 at 1:28am  
Are you moving an existing installation? or just have boxed equipment that is awaiting installation? and is the equipment new or used?

//greg//

USN (Ret)

IP Logged

wychryder
★★

Reply #3 - Aug 22nd, 2011 at 12:04am  
I had Hughes service in 2004. I moved and took the dish and the modem with me (I had paid for it). Then 2 years ago, a woman in Laramie, Wy gave me another set-up that she had bought for her business. She sold the building without the antenna. So, I have 2 of them. I live to far away from cable, there isn't phone (except cell and sketchy at best). I need to be able to use a computer and voip (ooma). I am a fairly intelligent guy and can't seem to find any installers locally, this is why I ask. It seems that buying another system for 400 bucks and then having them install it is a waste of money and equipment. I can put in a metal post with concrete to mount the antenna on. I can put a yo-yo on the dish and see what size it is for accuracy. I never paid much attention to it, but know it is oval and a couple of feet, maybe three. Not sure on the modems (6000 and 7000?). So, I looked at the dishes that I have. They are both 39 inches wide. There are some numbers on them that say:0185-370 rev.a  Thenit ays Directway lnb fss 10.95-12.75 Ghz  hnsp/n 103092  3-0006 rev.c Can anyone help me now? Thank you
« Last Edit: Aug 31st, 2011 at 10:27pm by wychryder »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1