Pages: 1

Beep behaviour when repointing

(Read 3271 times)
MrMuckyPaws
★★★

UK
Aug 21st, 2011 at 9:00pm  
Hi Folks,

My Tooway woes continue; unreliable connections and random slowdowns etc. and I would like your help please.

When I first start the installer process (192.168.100.1/install) the dish starts beeping with the 'signal acquired' beeping which after 30 seconds or so changes to 'signal locked on' - continuous signal. If I wait then at random intervals the sound will change from continuous to intermittent.

If i visit the dish I can force the dish off signal by push/pulling the edge of the dish as the instructions suggest and it then returns to continuous signal if I let go.

I wonder if someone else would put their dish into install mode and listen to the beeping for a minute or so and tell me if it varies or if it stays as a constant tone.

Its really frustrating me how the performance varies so much.

Cheers

Simon

IP Logged

James-BW
★★★

Reply #1 - Aug 22nd, 2011 at 11:45am  
Good morning Simon,

The tone is used as a reference indication only replacing the traditional satellite meter method for the initial installation, I would recommend monitoring of the RX SNR on your modem status page as this provides a numeric value to work from.

I have discussed the current open support ticket with the team and the usage on the system was particularly heavy, I understand you are going to be monitoring the usage locally.

Current usage information below:

STW      Volume Threshold [MB] Accounted Volume [MB]      
1 hour          1500                      0.02      
4 weeks          24000                      18020.57

You have now recovered to a degree however historically have tipped over the quota allocation.

For the last 48hrs your signal levels have remained stable and appear to be within spec.

Hope this information proves useful. Please do not hesitate to reply via your current support ticket should problems persist.

Regards,

James- Bentley Walker

www.freedomsat.com a high-speed Satellite Internet solution that delivers fast and reliable internet to difficult to connect spots around the world.
IP Logged

Pages: 1