Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

hosted services on residential tooway

(Read 5583 times)
onebarrel
★★

Nov 4th, 2011 at 7:45pm  
Hi all,

Has any distributor come up with a way of offering fixed IP/DDNS type setup to allow an IP camera to be hosted behind a Tooway 6, 8 or 10 service i.e. without paying the crazy price for the pro services.

Cheers.

IP Logged

davidbentleywalker
★★★

Reply #1 - Nov 7th, 2011 at 4:51pm  
Good Afternoon

Unfortunately no Tooway reseller can offer a fixed IP solution on the domestic end packages.

The Avanti KA Sat services available on Hylas 1 can be supplied for as little as £24.99 per month for up to 6Mbps x 1Mbps that can be supplied with a fixed UK IP address. The only small downside of the Avanti system is more expensive equipment.

If you would like pricing on this please email me, David@bentleywalker.com or let me know your email address and I'll send them over

Thanks

David Barnes
Bentley Walker Ltd

IP Logged

europe-satellite.com
★★★

London UK
Reply #2 - Nov 7th, 2011 at 6:13pm  
Contact us direct by email, it depends what you finally want, there are different (low budget) solutions to access your IP cameras from remote via Tooway or Hylas or any other connection. You can do it on any basic subscription and without a public IP.

We have successfully installed security cameras for (second) home owners using Tooway or Hylas satellite systems and a setup as below. Access to the cameras can be done for free and from any location incl. iPhone or iPad,

Use an (old) desktop/laptop with Logmein running at the remote site. You can login and access/control any connected equipment to the remote network using Logmein via the remote computer. The Logmein Software can be downloaded for free and is free to use.

There are many other options but the above is a rock-solid free solution and you dont need an expensive (public IP) satellite link. It gives you complete control of any connected item and if the BIOS supports "Wake-on-LAN" you can switch the remote computer off and on via Logmein.

There is also a Logmein APP for the iPad and iPhone.

I hope our info is helpful, success.
« Last Edit: Feb 25th, 2015 at 5:48pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

sch
★★

Reply #3 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 6:22pm  
Hi there, I do this on one of the residential tooway services using a foscam camera. These cameras have an IP address and can upload to a ftp or website, and also work with one of the free dynamic dns services (I use dyndns.com) to associate its IP with a hostname.
« Last Edit: Feb 25th, 2015 at 5:47pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1