Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

OpenAMIP over UDP configuration on iDirect

(Read 9319 times)
egrande
★★

Dec 6th, 2011 at 7:38pm  
I want to control an iDirect modem (7000 infinity) through openAMIP protocol over UDP.
Iīve modified the options file as it is shown in the openAMIP implementation document, but it does not seem to work, and I donīt know if it is possible to configure the openAMIP protocol on the  iDirect modem by using iSite.
The iDirect documentation says there are some design references (as reference implementation and test suite) availabe under request, but iīve not been able to get this information from iDirect.
Do you have any experience on openAMIP and iDirect?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Dec 9th, 2011 at 11:36am  
Seatel Antenna?  Have you configured everything on the Antenna controller so you can leverage OpenAMIP (Read, IP'ed the DAC so that it resides in the same subnet as the iDirect, etc?)?

IP Logged

egrande
★★

Reply #2 - Dec 9th, 2011 at 6:02pm  
Hello TDMAMike, and thanks for your answer.

I have the antenna controller running in my laptop.
The laptop is directly connected to the modem, and there isnīt any other equipment connected to the modem.
Iīve included in the iDirect options file the [ANTENNA] field as mentioned in the openAMIP documentation:
[ANTENNA]
manufacturer = OpenAMIP
model = OpenAMIP
addr = 192.168.0.2
port = 5002
connect_timeout = 30
dedicated_interface = ixp1

Where 192.168.0.2 is my laptopīs IP, and ixp1 is iDirectīs eth0:
[ETH0]
interface = ixp1
phy_count = 8

Iīve configured the IPs, subnet mask and gateway on both sides and I can ping the iDirect modem without problem.

Iīm using Wireshark to capture all the messages over the ethernet.

Iīm also connected to the iDirect through the console.

When I reboot the iDirect, I can see the startup messages on the console and I receive the following error message:

antennaclientmanager couldnīt find antenna specified in options file.

About this message I think that:
- My antenna controller app is not working properly, or
- The iDirect does not recognize the openAMIP as an antenna.

Iīve reviewed the ethernet messages in Wireshark and no message addressed to my laptopīs IP appears. So it seems the iDirect is not trying to connect to the antenna controller.

If the iDirect does not recognize openAMIP as an antenna, something may have been missed in the configuration file...

BTW, the iDirect is running IDS_7_0_5, and Iīm not sure if it includes the openAMIP.  Do you know if this version includes the openAMIP protocol?

Thanks.

« Last Edit: Dec 9th, 2011 at 10:17pm by egrande »  

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Dec 10th, 2011 at 3:16am  
Would need to get with the TAC to confirm the version and whether or not it supports it. Recommend you call them to determine ground truth.

What kind of antenna is this? If it's a Seatel you simply IP the DAC and config for OpenAMIP in the OPT.  Not all vendors can leverage the OpenAMIP....

IP Logged

Pages: 1