Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

HX- yahoo login problems

(Read 3990 times)
chipwashinga
★★

Dec 21st, 2011 at 7:55pm  
Iam using HX on W3A Africa, i have had issues with login on Yahoo  mail, It gets to the login screen but can't go in saying invalid password or id, i have used different web browers and   cleared all cache  to no awail, my ISP sometime back had to disable the turbo page on HX, it  improved for a while but the problem is still there,
Does any one has a similar issue.

PS:this is the response i got from my ISP: i quote:
It seems to be something with Hughes equipment that doesn't occur on other platforms.
On several occasions we have raised the matter with Hugheswith the standard reply that they are not responsible for third party applications.

IP Logged

USN - Retired
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Kentucky (USA)
Reply #1 - Dec 21st, 2011 at 9:41pm  
When you try to log in, are you using HTTP? or HTTPS? Because the Hughes consumer grade "turbo page" system only accelerates HTTP. And most log-in pages are HTTPS. This renders SSL transactions subject to the normal effeccts of latency.I'm sure you noticed that secure transactions are much slower than non-secure. FWIW, Hughes business accounts can pay extra for SSL acceleration.

Anyway. Your ISP should not have told you to DISABLE the turbo page, next time simply click where it says "teardown turbo page". For all practical purposes is an accelerator reset button. Ind for normal usage, you want it reset - not disabled.

//greg//

USN (Ret)

IP Logged

chipwashinga
★★

Reply #2 - Dec 21st, 2011 at 11:53pm  
I use normal HTTP to get to yahoo website there after when I click on mail it changes to HTTPS, and its on this login page where problems starts,

Turbo page was disabled remotely by the Hub(ISP)

IP Logged

USN - Retired
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Kentucky (USA)
Reply #3 - Dec 22nd, 2011 at 4:41am  
You might want to revisit that statement. Granted, I can't speak for the Euro ISPs. But what I think yours says is "Advanced TurboPage configuration is disabled". That means you can't configure (use) the first 3 functions on that page. But you CAN use the teardown button to see if it resolves a slow or non-responding HPEP server at the ISP/NOC.

And if you don't know where to find this, open a browser to https://192.168.0.1/fs/advanced/advanced.html . In the left column, click on TurboPage. In the ensuing dropdown, click on Advanced Cfg. Then simply left click on the teardown button.

Not saying this will cure your Yahoo log-in problem in your part of the world, because TurboPage is primarily for HTTP. Teardowns can definitely help with slow page HTTP response, but I can't guarantee results with your log-in problem. Often the reason is inordinate latency. In these cases, the distant server times out before it receives your response to its user name and/or password request. Have you tried determining an average PING response time with the Yahoo secure server? By that I mean, you should PING the HTTPS address as opposed to the HTTP address.

//greg//
« Last Edit: Dec 22nd, 2011 at 10:52am by USN - Retired »  

USN (Ret)

IP Logged

Gary-BW
★★

Reply #4 - Dec 22nd, 2011 at 9:15am  
Good Morning Sir,
I have reviewed your ticket in regards to this issue and I would like to conduct some real time testing, please contact me via email (gary@bentleywalker.com) so that we can begin testing.

Thank you in advance

Tel: +44 (0) 23 9231 1118  Web: www.bentley-walker.com Email: gary@bentleywalker.com  MSN: gary_del@hotmail.com
WWW | YIM  
IP Logged

USN - Retired
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Kentucky (USA)
Reply #5 - Dec 22nd, 2011 at 8:08pm  
Here's something else to look at. Understand that I'm looking at my HN user interface. I'm led to believe that it's close to the HX interface, with some exceptions. So if I'm inaccurate, it's cuz I'm singin' off a slightly different sheet of music.

Any way, open https://192.168.0.1/fs/advanced/advanced.html again. But this time click Diagonstics. Then Hourly History. Look right the the chart, and find Web Acceleration. Note that there are two lines; one suffixed as (I), the other as (N). If there are red checks in the N line, the modem thinks the problem is at the provider (NOC). If in the I line, it thinks the problem resides with your configuration. Not sure, but I believe the (I) represents "Interface"; said interface being the HX or HN modem.

Not that this is an answer to your specific issue with Yahoo, but it might help make the troubleshooting tree a little smaller.

//greg//

USN (Ret)

IP Logged

chipwashinga
★★

Reply #6 - Dec 22nd, 2011 at 11:33pm  
Greg thanks ,
I will have a go, in the meantime BW have enabled the Turbo page  back and are doing some testing,

IP Logged

Pages: 1