Pages: 1

need help how to connect LNB to HX50 modem

(Read 7324 times)
afghan-gsm
★★

Dec 23rd, 2011 at 6:36am  
hello to all friends
I have problem how to connect lnb to hx50 modem
For example in back side of modeom there is written LINE IN and LINE OUT but in LNB there is not written any thing so how i should connect the cable to LNB
« Last Edit: Dec 23rd, 2011 at 6:33pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

USN - Retired
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Kentucky (USA)
Reply #1 - Dec 23rd, 2011 at 12:15pm  
Quote:
hello to all friends
I have problem how to connect lnb to hx50 mdeom
For example in back side of modeom there is written LINE IN and LINE OUT but in LNB there is not written any thing so how i should connect the cable to LNB
The modem cable ports (the threaded ones) are actually SAT IN and SAT OUT, so it might make more sense to you thinking of them in that manner. Logic then dictates that SAT OUT would go OUTdoors to the transmitter for transmission to the satellite. Then connect the SAT IN cable to the LNB, as that's where the signal comes INdoors from the satellite

//greg//
« Last Edit: Dec 23rd, 2011 at 6:33pm by Admin1 »  

USN (Ret)

IP Logged

afghan-gsm
★★

Reply #2 - Dec 23rd, 2011 at 1:23pm  
thanks for your reply now can you tell me which cables came in SAT IN connector from lnb i mean from back side of lnb or from middle of lnb thanks if any picture is there to show i will be glad
« Last Edit: Dec 23rd, 2011 at 6:34pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

USN - Retired
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Kentucky (USA)
Reply #3 - Dec 23rd, 2011 at 3:56pm  
Ok, we need to clarify terminology first. The electronics out on the dish are usually referred to as the TRIA (Transmit/Receive Integrated Assembly). Of those components, the LNB is only responsible for receiving. That's the cable connection that's farthest out, and connects to Sat In. The transmitter is larger, closer to the dish, and usually has cooling fins on the case. There are two cable fittings on that one; one may say "test", the other may say "IF" (or "IFL). Connect the Sat Out cable to that one

//greg//

USN (Ret)

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #4 - Dec 23rd, 2011 at 4:42pm  
In the pictures below the LNB receive module is the small white device.

This is a Hughes universal LNB 1501882-0002, oriented for Horizontal receive polarisation starting position.

This is a simple LNB, oriented for Horizontal receive polarisation starting position.

This image shows the transmit cable connection (marked IFL) at the end of the grey transmit module, with grey fins.

Warnings:
Power OFF at the AC mains wall switch before any work is done connecting or disconnecting cables.

Once the low voltage multiway connector is inserted into the modem, leave it connected always.

Prepare and connect up the ends of the coax cables very carefully.  The centre wire/pin should be 2mm proud of the rim.  There must be no braid or screen fragments shorting the cable.  When inserting into the socket the pin should go in smoothly and not "push back" the cable.  The F type plug should be firm finger tight only.  Do not use a spanner.   The outdoor F connectors must be very well sealed with tape to stop moisture and water entering.

To help you further please say:

What is your LNB model number ?
What is your location (town or lat/long) and satellite (orbit longitude)?
What polarisation name have you been told to receive ?
Does your dish have a large grey plastic wedge shaped box at the back like the image below ?
This example image shows the elevation angle being set to 42 deg.

Best regards, Eric
« Last Edit: Dec 24th, 2011 at 10:50pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1