Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

activation on Tooway surfbeam2 RM4100

(Read 11780 times)
spikey
★★

Mar 13th, 2012 at 9:29am  
Hi all.

I had a small activation problem after set-up as to where my activation page after I put in the codes said "access denied" but underneath in a small box said activated.
All levels seem OK and do have "status OK" and ON -LINE, I can go online no problem and have a SNR of 13dB.

just a bit puzzeld on why it said this because when we did a Self install system of the same type for my friend it had the thumbs up screen on final Activation, its just the denied bit thats puzzels me!!!.

Just wonderd if it is something in the setup tht isn't correct but seems to work fine all the same???

Thanks in advance

Spikey.

IP Logged

spikey
★★

Reply #1 - Mar 17th, 2012 at 9:07pm  
Just a thought >Could this be because I am working from a Netbook and Not a laptop/ settings or something different ??? because it seems to be online even so.

Or just by chance if I wanted to go through the activation page /process again can I do that by doing it from our tower PC or is it a one off measure as I did try this and because it is on-line it didn't seem to take me to the activation page again.
I am just a bit concerned because of not getting the activation thumbs up but previous to that I did get the box stateing Status OK with good forward link 12db and download at 13.2

Have I anything to worry about???

Sp.

IP Logged

creusetec
★★

Reply #2 - Mar 17th, 2012 at 11:00pm  
Doubt if its anything to worry about , I set all my clients systems up on a netbook  no probs and have had occasions when no thumbs up page showed ,

iI you go to  https://checkportal.skylogicnet.com you should see details of your terminal from skylogic, if you do you must be on the system ok
« Last Edit: Feb 26th, 2015 at 11:19am by Admin1 »  
IP Logged

spikey
★★

Reply #3 - Mar 18th, 2012 at 5:48am  
thanks for that, feel much better. I'll go into the site later and have a look.

You don't think its related to the modem's mac address that hasn't been sent to the main hub as I did read something on a forum about this.

Cheers
Spikey.

IP Logged

creusetec
★★

Reply #4 - Mar 18th, 2012 at 10:04am  
If you go to that page on your tooway system ( you cannot get it from a normal broadband connection )  you will see details of your mac address , signal levels volume usage  etc  relating  to only YOUR  connection .

If skylogic did not have your MAC I think you would not be connected

IP Logged

spikey
★★

Reply #5 - Mar 19th, 2012 at 8:31pm  
Hi .

I tried tht checkportal link and couldn't get in???

also just a thought, my friend has a KU band sat meter. Could we make a KU band LNB mount instead of the tria to get the signal easier because we are on a hill and vunrable to bad winds/ knock out and then fit the tria after/ to save all that beeping malarky???

Cheers
Sp

IP Logged

creusetec
★★

Reply #6 - Mar 20th, 2012 at 4:52pm  
I think that "beeping malarkey" is the best way to set up a tooway dish  short of a KA band spectrum analyser.

Re checkportal , you cannot get in ?  can you actually get other web pages ?   if so thats very odd  maybe someone else has an idea ?   Conact your service provider . they should know if your  activated or not  they bill you !

IP Logged

spikey
★★

Reply #7 - Mar 20th, 2012 at 8:32pm  
hi .

Yes I can get other webpages so on-line.

Maybee I'm going into the checkportal by the wrong way, I have typed it in the internet browser is this correct and knothing??

But you do say go in from the tooway, so how do I get in through that.

I have been into the modem status and its 13db and everything else looks fine and is doing what it should.

I would like to know how I do the checkportal though

Cheers
Sp

IP Logged

spikey
★★

Reply #8 - Mar 21st, 2012 at 7:08am  
OK thanks, I'm away at the moment for a few days. I'll let you know how I go on.. on my return.

Just another question, is it expensive for a KA band analyser or do you you do your through the beep /Tria method finder even so.
Thanks again
Sp.

IP Logged

creusetec
★★

Reply #9 - Mar 21st, 2012 at 8:23am  
Beeper on tria

once you get the knack you can get excelent results

IP Logged

eskemo
★★

Reply #10 - Mar 21st, 2012 at 9:40am  
The beeper is easy. On my 1st mobile setup it took less than 15mins. Especially if you use the KA finder app or website 1st as this helps you point in the right general direction

IP Logged

spikey
★★

Reply #11 - Mar 29th, 2012 at 9:50pm  
Hi.

Can you tell me how much use-age online you have used up.

Cheers
Sp

IP Logged

Pages: 1