Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Hughes HN9200 password

(Read 15027 times)
dazzer1974
★★

Apr 3rd, 2012 at 7:58am  
Hi all,

I have just bought a second hand HN9200 to build into my Cisco lab for my routing exams, I can't seem to find the login and password for the modem any where on the internet and the previous owner can't remember them, is there a password reset I can do or has any one got the generic password and logins to hand?

Many thanks

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #1 - Apr 3rd, 2012 at 2:43pm  
If you have the HN9200 in isolation, with no cables, no outdoor transmit/receive module and no antenna, then the ethernet port will look like a web site, accessible at https://192.168.0.1
Access it using a PC and you will see web pages.  Examine the modem status and configuration.

If you have the HN9200 in operation, with antenna etc and paid-for service with a service provider then modem will have an active gateway IP address and subnet mask peculiar to your site. Contact the service provider to find out the details.  The subnet mask may permit a several IP addresses for you to expand out locally using a passive hub or switch.  Most sites make use of just one gateway IP address and use an locally purchased LAN router to allow as many local PCs as you wish.

In either case, stand alone or fully connected via satellite, you don't need a password.
Read more here: https://www.montanasatellite.com/manuals/HN9200_Installation_1038622-0001_b.pdf  (7 Mbytes file)

I wonder why you don't use the lower cost option of a cable modem or ADSL modem, if you want to experiment with internet gateway access.  If you just want a router port to play with, get a cheap router and pick one of the local ports and pretend that is your access to the internet.

Best regards, Eric.

IP Logged

dazzer1974
★★

Reply #2 - Apr 3rd, 2012 at 3:06pm  
Hi Eric,

Thanks for the information, I got this really cheap as the last user changed provider? I've gone in through the normal way via the IP but the modem still asks for a login and a password? After reading all over the internet last night and getting no where fast I thought someone on here might know.

Thanks for the response

Darren

IP Logged

Pages: 1