Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Router problem

(Read 7117 times)
Khazi22
★★

Jun 25th, 2012 at 9:07pm  
Possibly not really withinin the scope of those users here, but my Tooway kit was supplied (via the dubious Nordnet).  I can access the internet directly via a cable plugged between the modem and my laptop, but the Tentation router they supplied (made by Bewan) doesn't seem to work.  I can link wirelessly to the router, but it refuses to access the internet.  Any ideas?  I can find no way of accessing any settings menus.

Also, my download speeds are very disappointing - about 3.4 MBs maximum, with 1.2 up.

Thanks

IP Logged

bigdishsat
★★

France
Reply #1 - Jun 26th, 2012 at 8:09pm  
When NordNet supplied Linksys routers for their Astra2Connect system, they configured them and then set a password ... you'll need the services of a  Barrister-at-Law to get the password off them. They might well have changed now that they've adopted Tooway but surely even NordNet can't bugger up Tooway?

Have you tried the speedtest using https://speedprobe.skylogicnet.com ?

Smiley

IP Logged

europe-satellite.com
★★★

London UK
Reply #2 - Jun 27th, 2012 at 6:10pm  
Quote:
Possibly not really withinin the scope of those users here, but my Tooway kit was supplied (via the dubious Nordnet).  I can access the internet directly via a cable plugged between the modem and my laptop, but the Tentation router they supplied (made by Bewan) doesn't seem to work.  I can link wirelessly to the router, but it refuses to access the internet.  Any ideas?  I can find no way of accessing any settings menus.

Also, my download speeds are very disappointing - about 3.4 MBs maximum, with 1.2 up.

Thanks

Maybe better or at least quicker to buy a new router (Cable router, Linksys or Netgear). Don't use the setup CDROM, just connect it, that's all.

You can change all settings via browser interface (192.168.x.x)

IP Logged

Smudger444
★★

Reply #3 - Feb 20th, 2013 at 12:49am  
Wow that is slow, is the dish ok,

I wasn’t happy with the Toowaydirect purchasable router, a Cisco, so I contacted Tp-Link, to ask what they suggested, They were very helpful, but had not tried the Tooway Modem. But still came up with options.

In the end we went for the Tp-Link WR2543ND Router. with good reason, easy detection in Dynamic mode, works well with there power adapters. No setup disk needed either. Not to expensive, and readily available.

We are using 2 PC's, three Laptops, 2 Tablets, 2 iPhones, 3 Android Smart phones, many of which are being used at the same time.

This setup has been working since September 2012 without problem. With speeds around the tariff level, we have no complaints.

I would like to try an expecsive router, but this will have to wait a bit longer. I hope I have helped, and wish you well.

IP Logged

Pages: 1