Logo

Satellite Internet Forum.
Please note that this forum is now READ ONLY and closed for login and changes
The new forum is here Space and Satellite Communications forum

Welcome, Guest.
Welcome to this satellite broadband discussion forum.  Wherever you are and whatever your problem we are here to help each other. Connecting to the internet via satellite is not always easy but is critically important to those in remote places or with poor terrestrial infrastructure.  Both service providers and customers are encouraged to contribute.  Read the Forum rules.
      Satellite internet forum          

PLL LNB with C band interference rejection filter ?

(Read 2962 times)
Agor
Ex Member

Jun 21st, 2013 at 2:10pm  
Hi all,
I am looking for a C-band (3.7 to 4.2 GHz) PLL LNB with LO frequency stability of up to 10KHz with a built-in BPF. I need the LNB for a system with beacon receiver. There is a WiMax transmission carrier in 3.5GHz nearby the receiving antenna.
A stand alone BPF reduces the WiMax signal significantly but at the same time reduces the C/N of the service signal by 2dB.
The carrier I wish to decode is in the range of 4100MHz.

Norsat offers the 8000R, but it is a DRO LNB with poor LO frequency stability.

any idea?

Regards,

Agor
« Last Edit: Jun 28th, 2013 at 9:55am by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

dot
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Jun 24th, 2013 at 2:42pm  
The NJS8487 from NJR should do what you want, it only receieves in the band from 3.625 to 4.2 GHz. http://mc.njr.co.jp/eng/products/vsat/c-lna_lnb.html

IP Logged

Agor
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jun 24th, 2013 at 8:38pm  
Thanks.
However, looking at the specsheet there is no trace of filter that blocks 3.4-3.625GHz signals or suppresses them.
Do you have experience with the LNB in blocking extended C-band interferences?

Regards,

Agor

IP Logged