Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

HN9200 Modem

(Read 6761 times)
JustinSidebottom
★★

Sep 8th, 2013 at 3:00pm  
I purchased as second hand HN9200 Modem that was used on Avanti in Northern Ireland. Can I use this on any other Provider or is it useless?

IP Logged

davidbentleywalker
★★★

Reply #1 - Sep 9th, 2013 at 10:49am  
This will be locked & preconfigured to Avanti's Hylas 1 platform.

If you can have Avanti agree to release the Keys to the modem, which is unlikely, then it can be configured for use on another provider.

I don't believe Avanti offer services in Afghanistan directly.

IP Logged

JustinSidebottom
★★

Reply #2 - Sep 12th, 2013 at 4:19am  
It is pre-configured with Avanti information but I have access to the modem configuration settings. Is it not just a matter of replacing this information with whatever provider I choose? ie uploading the configuration file to the modem. If I have access to the modem advanced settings then this means it is unlocked, am I correct?

IP Logged

davidbentleywalker
★★★

Reply #3 - Sep 12th, 2013 at 9:00am  
No

All Hughes modems are locked to their supplier, releasable only by the original provider supplying the Hub Keys to the new provider.

Whether they release the keys or not is at their discretion.

IP Logged

JustinSidebottom
★★

Reply #4 - Sep 13th, 2013 at 6:20pm  
Ok, If I purchase a system from Bentley Walker and after a period of 12 month or so does this mean I own the equipment outright. If so, does this also mean that BW may decide not to release the "Hub Keys" to enable me to move to another provider? Is it also ok for me to display the modem serial number here for you to check out it's suitability

IP Logged

Pages: 1