Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

What are the best TOOWAY deals,

(Read 6597 times)
satinternetuk1
★★

Sep 13th, 2013 at 5:56pm  
I am looking for the best deal for too way does any one know the best offers or are there any special offers on at the moment, I will be self installing the system myself pole is already there and twin wf100 cable,

I will use about 20-30gig per month and download large files in the early hours of the morning

I see Avonline have a 30gig for £44.95 but want £49.95 just for a set up fee and offer 50gig for £64.95 per month

And Bentley Walker have 30gig for £44.50 but want £50 for the system and have £64.50 but want £40 for the system

And I see that satelliteinternet uk offer KA band ASTRA system for £49.95 and charge £59.95 for 50gig and £69.95 for unlimited subject to fup.

Does any one know of any other company's with offers on at the moment and has any one used the new KA astra broadband system,

IP Logged

Munger
★★★

Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
Reply #1 - Sep 13th, 2013 at 7:49pm  
What is your location. I would be very wary of taking a satellite connection. Ive been bitten this year with Tooway and cannot recommend it if you are located in the southern part of the UK. The spot beams covering this part of the country are heavily over subscribed so performance is often VERY poor.

Have you considered other options like 3g or wimax?

IP Logged

satinternetuk1
★★

Reply #2 - Sep 13th, 2013 at 8:07pm  
I am in south wales where i live less than one mile from me has access to Virgin Media cable and fibre to the cab via openreach but all that stops about 900 meters from me,

I have access to 3g from all networks 3, Vodafone, 02, EE but the data caps are too low. I also have pay as you go EE 4G mobile broadband and get around 90mb down on that and 4G is very stable but the big problem is the data cap £30 for 10gig of data on EE payg mobile broadband,

I also have unlimited data via 3 but since 3 are offering all you can eat data for £15 due to lack of backhual capacity at the cell site 3's traffic sense traffic management system kicks in and caps ever one on the cell to make sure there is enough data to go around so on 3 I see around 1mb via dc-hspa most of the time and it does not help that the 3 store is this town is promoting ayce data via tethering in the 3 store in town center

Quote:
What is your location. I would be very wary of taking a satellite connection. Ive been bitten this year with Tooway and cannot recommend it if you are located in the southern part of the UK. The spot beams covering this part of the country are heavily over subscribed so performance is often VERY poor.

Have you considered other options like 3g or wimax?

IP Logged

Munger
★★★

Reply #3 - Sep 13th, 2013 at 8:16pm  
Have you checked to see if wimax is available in your area. Www.redrawinternet.com for example...

IP Logged

satinternetuk1
★★

Reply #4 - Sep 13th, 2013 at 8:20pm  
Hi there no wimax here. 70% of the town has access to virgin cable and also FTTC but on the edge of town we are on slow adsl, Its a real pain if i go outside and walk for 5 min over the river bridge I will be standing right next to a virgin street cab and also a brand new openreach fibre cab,

IP Logged

Munger
★★★

Reply #5 - Sep 13th, 2013 at 8:28pm  
It may be possible to get Wimax. If you can drum up a number of neighbours Redraw may install a service for you...

IP Logged

Pages: 1