Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

No response from avlone re:cancellation

(Read 7703 times)
RonanIRL
★★

Sep 20th, 2013 at 11:53am  
Hi everyone,

I finally reached the point where I said fook this im cancelling my contract with avonline, the speeds have gotten much worse its basically un-usable for me in the evenings.

I sent a email to avonline stating that I wanted to cancel and have their equipment removed from my premises asap, I sent them screenshots of everyday's speeds since I joined.

I got no reply from them!

anyone know what else I can do..

Should I send a follow up email?

I am not sure what sort of process I should be doing to get this cancelled... if anyone can advise that be great.

thanks

IP Logged

Munger
★★★

Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
Reply #1 - Sep 20th, 2013 at 3:54pm  
Call them?

IP Logged

pladecalvo
★★★

Valencia, Spain
Reply #2 - Sep 20th, 2013 at 6:00pm  
Send a 'recorded delivery' letter to them cancelling the contract and explaining why. You may already have bought the equipment in the initial payment/installation fee but if not, tell them that if they have not removed the equipment within 7 days you will consider it your property.

IP Logged

RogerB
★★

West Sussex, U.K
Reply #3 - Sep 24th, 2013 at 9:48am  
I sent them a snail mail letter giving them 15 days to improve the service and warning them if it was done I would cancel. 20 days later I sent another snail mail saying I have cancelled. I then stopped the direct debit. I got aan email from Avonline accounts complaining that they couldn't take the monthly dues so I pointed them at the two letters. They replied thanks, sorry the service wasnt up to expectations. Its currently still running at sub 1Mb but I am not paying. They can take the service when they like. I own the kit and will leave it in situ as I will come back if it ever gets sorted.

IP Logged

RonanIRL
★★

Reply #4 - Sep 25th, 2013 at 2:42pm  
cheers for the replies  Cool

I have sent about 5 emails to avonline, i have even emailed finance who keep saying they will escalade it to their head og broadband, and I am still getting no emails from anyone regarding my emails to them.

I told finance that if the equipment is not removed from my site in 10 days i will consider it mine and will despose of it accordinaly, still have no reply from them, I have even told them I am thinking of seeking legal advice to recoup the install costs and seek compensation for been sold a service that was misleading. still no reply.

very unprofessional company, they will not even respond to any emails I sent them with regards to the aweful speeds and me wanting to get the equipment removed.

my next point of call is the ombudsman and trading standards

IP Logged

RonanIRL
★★

Reply #5 - Sep 26th, 2013 at 4:09pm  
Finally got this sorted,

mods can lock this up

IP Logged

pladecalvo
★★★

Valencia, Spain
Reply #6 - Sep 26th, 2013 at 4:49pm  
So what happened??

IP Logged

RonanIRL
★★

Reply #7 - Oct 6th, 2013 at 12:24pm  
skylogic sold a big chunk of the irish beam to aer lingus, and what I have been told the irish beam will be shut down soon.

i got my contract terminated and will be getting the equipment removed from site, I do intend on seeking compensation and at the very least to get my install charge refunded.

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Reply #8 - Oct 7th, 2013 at 11:54am  
Each spot beam has a maximum capacity of some 400 - 470 Mbit/s, so the Irish beam, for example, can be shared out for consumer internet access, plus Air Lingus renting a block, plus others renting capacity for TV, such as SAORSAT.

IP Logged

Pages: 1