Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

TooWay/Europasat speed unusable in the evening

(Read 12131 times)
JJIRL
★★

Ireland
Jan 9th, 2014 at 2:53pm  
Hi guys, I wonder if anyone else is experiencing same major change of evening speed as I do lately.
I bought the full package Tooway "Unlimited" in February 2013. I live in Ireland, Kildare county. First few weeks were excellent and I went a little bit crazy on the traffic. Netfix, youtube, twich etc. Then I noticed change of speed. I didn't pay much attention to it then. it was wery small change. Then Tooway has moved me to Europasat or they re-branded or something. And the speed went down the hill from there. After a while I got fed up and start calling the support. After 10 calls to the Tooway/Europasat I was finally told there is something like FUP. This was never mentioned anywhere in the contract when I signed, or on the chat with the sales person or anywhere at that moment. But fine. Whatever. I will be nice from now. That was in August last year last year. It took me a while to get my act together by by the beginning of December 2013 I was a nice user. I got my self the  NetWorks program to monitor my traffic. All during the time I was on the naughty list the traffic was okish during the evening. Now by OK-ish I mean 50-250kbps in the evening. And in December I was put back on normal user list. "Wooohooo" I was thinking. Now I am getting incredible speed of 0-30 kbps if the speedprobe doesn't time out, which it does about 70% of the time. What is happening? I was thinking that staying bellow the limit will make things better for me not worse. During the day the internet is back to 10-15 Mbps but coming 5pm it is unusable. I need internet for my work, so now I have it only for work but I need to work in the evening as well, but I can't. Has somebody else the same issue as I do? Or is this only me?

Thank you guys for any help or clarification I can get.

ToowaySpeed.JPG (49 KB | 450 )
ToowaySpeed.JPG
ToowaySpeed2.JPG (49 KB | 410 )
ToowaySpeed2.JPG
CheckPortal.JPG (58 KB | 429 )
CheckPortal.JPG

IP Logged

davidbentleywalker
★★★

Reply #1 - Jan 9th, 2014 at 5:13pm  
If you read the 'Tooway Speed Issues' thread within this forum you will get insight into the Tooway FAP Policy and the reason for your speed issues.

IP Logged

JJIRL
★★

Ireland
Reply #2 - Jan 9th, 2014 at 6:13pm  
Quote:
If you read the 'Tooway Speed Issues' thread within this forum you will get insight into the Tooway FAP Policy and the reason for your speed issues.

Hey there, I read that in fact I read every single reply since the beginning of that thread. Still doesn't explain why I am getting such speeds now that I am on the low user beam which was confirmed to me by 3 different people. But maybe I red the wrong thing do you mind to give me a link to the thread you have in mind pls. Thx JJ

IP Logged

bigdishsat
★★

France
Reply #3 - Jan 9th, 2014 at 7:55pm  
Quote:
Quote:

... now that I am on the low user beam which was confirmed to me by 3 different people. 

Forgive my ignorance, what exactly is a low user beam?
Smiley

IP Logged

Hipolito Gonzalez
★★★

Spain
Reply #4 - Jan 9th, 2014 at 11:21pm  
All people with "unlimited" package have the same problem (including me)

The means of unlimited is unlimited data, but NOT always at full speed.

In my web page, I have to information, please, read it:

https://www.accesointernetsatelital.com/Data_speed_congestions.pdf

And second, https://www.accesointernetsatelital.com/faqs.html

and go to question 26 (in english), 25 in Spanish

...   ...
WWW | MSN | Skype/VoIP | ICQ | YIM  
IP Logged

JJIRL
★★

Ireland
Reply #5 - Feb 17th, 2014 at 2:30pm  
Update:

Hi guys,

So me speed problems were due to my past excessive use of the internet. Fair enough.

All is better now Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1