Logo

Satellite Internet Forum.
Please note that this forum is now READ ONLY and closed for login and changes
The new forum is here Space and Satellite Communications forum

Welcome, Guest.
Welcome to this satellite broadband discussion forum.  Wherever you are and whatever your problem we are here to help each other. Connecting to the internet via satellite is not always easy but is critically important to those in remote places or with poor terrestrial infrastructure.  Both service providers and customers are encouraged to contribute.  Read the Forum rules.
      Satellite internet forum          

HX50 L using 5 watt BUC

(Read 3134 times)
kyra
Ex Member

Feb 4th, 2014 at 11:13am  
Hi

I need some info, is there any chance to using HX50L with 5 watt BUC? in HX200 i know it possible by ticking linear mode but on HX50/50L there are no option for linear/saturation mode

IP Logged

Smann
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 12:17am  
To my knowledge the HX50\HX50L\HX90 where all designed to run on a saturated transmitter only which confines it to a 2W Hughes buc. This is also limited by the power supplied from the modem to the saturated transmitter and in the modem software. While HNS does produce a 4W saturated buck its not compatable with the modems listed above. For linear radio support an HX200 platform is required, the HX200 supports a wider variety of linear bucs as well as the standard 1W\2W saturated radios and can provide an internal clock feed OR will take a 10Mhz clock feed, and supports externally power BUCs as well.

IP Logged

Admin1
YaBB Administrator

Personal text from: Profile,
Options, Top line

Reply #2 - Mar 20th, 2014 at 9:41pm  
The HX50 spec sheet lists only:

1 and 2 watt Ku-band
2 watt C-band
1, 2, and 3 1/2 watt Ka-band

I think they are all proprietary Hughes parts.

If you need more uplink EIRP I suggest a larger antenna.

IP Logged