Advertisment: Broadband via satellite
Advertisment: Worldwide satellite services from Ground Control Company

www.satsig.net

Satellite Internet Forum.

Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

WiFi's everywhere in Spain but rare in the UK.

(Read 2234 times)
iSat
★★

Farnborough
Feb 6th, 2014 at 4:44pm  
Hello. My mum lives in Galicia, Spain; it's not exactly a technology mecca, but every single shop, bar and restaurant has good solid WiFi. Galicia's also got free long range public WiFi in many of the larger towns and city's. Galicia also generates about 200% of it's energy requirements in renewable energy (making it one of the largest exporters of renewable energy) and it's also very beautiful, with friendly people, amazing food and stunning natural views. In the summer there are empty beaches that stretch on for miles and truly stunning scenery, like waterfalls, etc.

My question would be do you think Galicia's a good model for the future? The people are self reliant, the wood and produce are all sustainably farmed, clean drinking water just bubbles out of the ground. There are problems like a lack of employment and a lack of funds in the area, but when you can pick up a 4 bedroomed house for a few thousand I'm amazed more people don't want to be there.

If I had a lot of money I would buy a village there and turn it into a holiday camp. -You could probably pick up 20 houses for next to nothing.

WWW | MSN  
IP Logged

Derek Mann
★★

Reply #1 - Feb 4th, 2017 at 6:26pm  
Do they welcome Camping Cars do you know. It sounds idyllic.

IP Logged

Pages: 1